Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Totw (step as yet un numbered) Sing-a-long ch 3
RE: Totw (step as yet un numbered) Sing-a-long ch 3
(the scene in question)

Ensign ‘Dick’ Davis stepped through the hatch into the maintenance bay and had chaos erupt around him.  This was not what he expected when his new flight lead had contacted him at the unit’s new quarters (a fairly luxurious three-bedroom apartment in a building near the center of Island 7) and instructed him to grab ‘rations for four’ and bring it to this location.

“Thunders!  Fred just stopped talking to me!” a voice Davis wasn’t familiar with protested from the open door of what Davis assumed was a HMMWV[8] ; a military vehicle used by the then USA that was phased out by the start of the First Space War.

“Yeah, Doc, and I can see why.  Wait one.  Drop the bags Dick, and come over here.”  Muck lead ‘Dick’ over to the relic.  “Put your hand on his hood and state your name, FNG.”

“Richard Robert Davis.  Ensign, New United Earth Spacy.”

“Access Level.”

‘Muck’ jumped back in.  “Basic.  Talk to him or not as you see fit Fred.  Just don’t clam up while he’s around.  Authorization Thunders six six.”

“Access Granted.  Returning to what I was saying, Doctor Chiba….”

Muck grabbed Dick’s elbow and drug him back to where the food he’d been asked to set down was.  “You don’t have a need to know about that conversation kid.  Trust me on that.  Let’s see what is for dinner instead.”

So, Dick grabbed the bag of food he’d been given and followed Muck over to the work-bench with cabinets that lined one wall of the bay, where the pair laid it out.  Muck looked at the collected foodstuffs for a long moment before asking “Kid, where did you get this?”

“There is a junior officer mess in town for guys on R&R.  I went there and asked the NCO in charge.  I thought I was going to get stuff that had already been cooked.”

“Oh well, it probably woulda been cold by the time you got here if he had.  Eh.  I can work with most of this.  Those are a problem, though,” Muck replied, pointing at the Brussel sprouts.  “You gotta be an Iron Chef to make those good eats.  I might be able to do something with them though.  Gonna need you to make an additional run though.  Gonna need a pint of milk, a cube of butter, a 12 pack of beer and some ice.  I’d also suggest getting them at the nearest market and not that JO mess.”

“Raja.  Um, who is paying for this?”

“You are, I’ll pay you back after we’re done here.”

“And I can trust you?”

“You know where I live, Ensign.  Even better than I do because you’ve been there today and I haven’t yet.  Now GIT!”
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children

Messages In This Thread
RE: Totw (step as yet un numbered) Sing-a-long ch 3 - by Star Ranger4 - 02-20-2020, 04:45 AM