Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Conversion Therapy"? Not for much longer, in Canada.
RE: "Conversion Therapy"? Not for much longer, in Canada.
(03-09-2020, 06:44 PM)hazard Wrote: Don't think thanking god is correct here.

Or at least, no god those people who push for conversion therapy would worship.

I'm a Christian and I oppose it because it's torture disguised as anything but. If someone wants to stop being gay, that is a choice of free will, you cannot force someone to change that any more than you can stop black from being different from white. Sure, you could make it "work" under duress, but that's not really effective, it's just a cruel form of Pavlovian brainwashing.

If someone willfully wants to forsake the gay lifestyle and become a member of any faith that opposes homosexuality, amen, so long as that choice was made with open eyes and a clear conscience. Otherwise, whoever made the choice without their conscious and willful consent had their rights as a human being violated and I would be the first to oppose it.

Anyone of any religion, creed, or system of belief who believes torture is acceptable to impress their values on another human being is themselves a brutal hypocrite who deserves nothing but revulsion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Conversion Therapy"? Not for much longer, in Canada. - by GethN7 - 11-17-2020, 04:50 PM