Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Teaser For Chapter 1
Re: New Teaser For Chapter 1
Quote:
BTW - I'm going to have to ask if I can be on your pre-reader list Bob. I feel the need to contribute. How does one do that?
You just did it. We'll talk in email, okay?
Quote:
In the In Nomine Anime Supplement, they suggested that Skuld would translate quite nicely as a young Malakim of Lightning. That's what the above exchange reminded me of.
Hie thee hence to the EPU website and read Gods Willing II: We'll Always Have Boston, for there is a delicious passage therein (there are actually many, but that's not important now), from which I will quote a single sentence:
Quote:
Frumpy old Jean, the archangel who managed the
Information Services group, disapproved of his employees cursing,
especially the younger ones - and Skuld was by far the youngest
employee in the Celestial Network Operations Center.
Quote:
Can he do that? I don't recall offhandedly anyone grabbing Skuld's hammer away from her. Then again, I don't think I've even seen anyone try to do it at all.
I think it's been pretty well demonstrated in the source material that the Goddesses are not incarnated in superhuman vessels. Skuld may be an above-average 12-year-old, but she's still a 12-year-old. And Doug is a superhuman, after all -- a very fast one.
Quote:
I think this is one of those times when Doug starts out with the wrong idea. He doesn't have all the facts, and doesn't know Belldandy. Or he wouldn't be thinking along those lines. This is good, because once again, it inverts a typical self-insert paradigm that the insert character always has superior insight into the emotions of the canon characters. Once he gets to know her and figures things out, I imagine he'll change his tune.
I've just addressed this in my previous response above.
Quote:
I've been waiting in vain for something like this to happen in the actual series. ^_^
Don't get me wrong, I love Fujishima's stuff. But it's gotten kind of static of late. I think he needs to take some chances with the story. This is exactly the sort of thing I'd like him to do. And it's spot on in character. Well done!
Thank you. And at the risk of even more spoilers, let me note that Megumi's new mad-on for Marrler causes... complications later in the story.
Quote:
Belldandy, like Kasumi, is the mistress of Nice-fu.
Precisely.
Quote:
Man I need to get some sleep...
Well, go get some, you silly person.
Thanks for your comments!

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Messages In This Thread
New Teaser For Chapter 1 - by Bob Schroeck - 01-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Re: New Teaser For Chapter 1 - by Ebony - 01-11-2003, 12:26 AM