Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Court says Canada's asylum agreement with US infringes Canadian Constitutional rights
RE: Court says Canada's asylum agreement with US infringes Canadian Constitutional rights
(07-23-2020, 06:11 PM)Rajvik Wrote: i haven't read the whole of the article yet, and i will, but my first thought on this is that what this is about is people who illegally came to the US, (ie not citizens) and because they fear, (rightly or wrongly) that they are about to be deported to their counrty of origin, ( or at least Mexico) they are fleeing to Canada and your court has basically stated that No, the government cannot just hand them over to the US government to send home or send them home themselves, but have to allow them all the rights and privileges that you as Canadian citizens enjoy.

i'm going to go finish the article, but jesus, we have borders for a reason, and it's not just a place to earn tax revenue

edit: i finished reading the article and i was right. Now the question is, should we arrange for my plan to take place and set up a non-stop rail run from say, El Paso to Montreal and let Canada deal with all the "Migrants" flooding the border, or are you going to see some sense

And we now have evidence that Rajvik is illiterate.

First, a request for asylum counts as a legal entry to the country where asylum is being requested. No illegal entry is described in the article.

Second, this applies equally to citizens of the USA who request asylum in Canada. (Yes, it happens.)

Third, the article says nothing about allowing migrants or asylum-seekers the same rights and privileges that citizens enjoy. (Nor does it say anything about requiring migrants or asylum-seekers have the same responsibilities that citizens have.)

Fourth, if someone is in El Paso, then they're already on USA soil, and thus the USA is required by international treaty to hear their cases for asylum and to provide them the protections of the local laws and Constitution. If you are going to comment on international law, you should take the time to learn what that law actually is.

Finally, your tone in all of the posts you have made in this thread implies that you appear to think that people who are not like you coming into your country is somehow a bad thing. That isn't a case of illiteracy; it's a case of bigotry.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: Court says Canada's asylum agreement with US infringes Canadian Constitutional rights - by robkelk - 07-24-2020, 07:47 AM