Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York attorney general sues to dissolve NRA
RE: New York attorney general sues to dissolve NRA
(08-10-2020, 07:00 AM)nemonowan Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 05:27 PM)Dartz Wrote: I don't know why the 2nd amendment came to be such a hill to die on - when, so many other freedoms are being shat on daily.

Probably because one of the reasons behind that amendment was to guarantee that the southern states could keep their armed slave patrols that they needed to keep their black slaves from revolting.

This streak of racism behind this amendment has never disappeared. It is not coincidence that most of the gun control laws that have managed to get passed were targeted to preventing black people from owning or carrying guns.

Your going to have to be a little more clear about that.

Are you claiming that the reason that the 2nd Amendment exists is for slave owners to maintain power over slaves?  Or are you saying that White Southerners perverted the intent of the 2nd Amendment to "keep Blacks in their place"?

To my knowledge, the Founding Fathers added the 2nd Amendment because they wanted that there as a fail-safe in case The Great Experiment failed - so that The People could have some means of securing their freedom should things come to the worst case scenario.

And before anyone else starts harping about the wording of the 2nd Amendment and how it means private citizens shouldn't own fire arms, let me make two statements - one a verifiable fact and the other an opinion.

FACT: Typically, in a militia, the militia men own their own weapons.  It's literally BYOG - Bring Your Own Gun.  Though most that can afford it will keep a reserve of firearms, just in case.

OPINION: I am perfectly willing for it to be a stipulation that in order to own a firearm in the USA, you must be a card-carrying member of one of your local militia, even if this means you must organize one yourself.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York attorney general sues to dissolve NRA - by Black Aeronaut - 08-11-2020, 09:35 PM