Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II
Well, Peg and I had a close call this past week.

About a month ago, Helen and Attila went on a long-delayed trip to Italy and Greece. We picked them up from the airport last Tuesday, and Helen came by for a visit on that Friday night... and on Sunday morning called us to let us know that she and Attila were feeling like crap and they'd tested positive for COVID-19 on a home test. (And that they had to have caught it on the flight(s) home, because they had tested negative the morning before they left.)

"Well, crap," was basically our response because we were both feeling ever so slightly yucky that morning ourselves. But that was pretty much it for us. I talked to our doctor on Monday afternoon, and she basically said that as good as we actually were feeling, all we had to do was isolate for a week and use one of our own home tests. If it was negative, do a second one three days later, and even if that one was positive, no big, because by the end of the isolation period we wouldn't be infectious anyway. The only real concern was if our symptoms, such as they were, suddenly got worse.

They didn't, and both sets of tests were negative, so we never caught anything. But it was a bit of a scare there for a couple days.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by aku - 01-06-2022, 10:06 AM
RE: Wear Your Mask - COVID-19 Thread II - by Bob Schroeck - 06-16-2022, 08:40 PM