Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mauno Luna, Mauno Luna, Men Have Named You
RE: Mauno Luna, Mauno Luna, Men Have Named You
(08-28-2020, 04:57 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 10:09 AM)DHBirr Wrote: And is the "human" form her natural non-cat form (if there's even only one such), or was it adjusted to be "a form you are comfortable with"?

Imagine the following:  Usagi coaxes Luna to show her true non-cat appearance.  It looks like Karellen from Childhood's End.  Oh, dear.

Allow me to quote from All The Tropes' page about Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, because this seems apropos for this particular idea:

Quote:A Form You Are Comfortable With: Mahiro tells Nyarko he pictured Nyarlathotep far more monstrous. She offers to show him some of her other forms... if he doesn't mind losing his sanity. Mahiro passes. Cue a shot of 20 sanity points getting dashed off of a Call of Cthulhu (tabletop game) character sheet.

(Like Bob and DW, I don't think I'll use this in There's Nothing Better, either.)

I think I'll use it in There's Nothing Better.  But only for Andy's girlfriend.  She has many forms.  And don't worry, he's an asstard, he deserves it.

If you read Sailor Moon for what it is, good things are pretty while evil things are either pretty or hideous, depending.  Neutral things are Umino-looking.  Worst case scenario Luna's true form has swirly glasses.  But also Tin Nyanko has a similar human form.

In my Silver Millennium/Silmarillion crossover, I get to think about it from a different angle.  It makes sense that the children of Eru (God) outside of Aman (Solar system) would have a physical form that was pleasing to Him.  Pretty much all of the squamous horrors were created or corrupted by Melkor (Chaos) (the Devil).  So lots of humanish forms sound good.  And kitty forms as well -- probably the scariest the Mau would get would be looking like Mughi. (It might be possible for maupeople (mauans?  muons?) to have their ability to change their form (hroa) corrupted to the extend that they become monsters on transforming, but this wouldn't be normal or beneficial -- more like Sauron's inability to take physical form (fana) after he lost the One Ring.  Or like the other corrupted peoples, like orcs and balrogs.)
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mauno Luna, Mauno Luna, Men Have Named You - by Labster - 08-30-2020, 10:52 PM