Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parliament class starship (ST Lower Decks ep5's USS Vancouver)
Parliament class starship (ST Lower Decks ep5's USS Vancouver)
So in LD e5 we see the Vancouver, and as with most Miranda-style designs she is a very pretty ship. I took some screen shots of the MSD and stitched them together to have a complete frame, with only the spot where I had to edit out fake-Burnham using the poorer-contrast and blurrier version:

[Image: m1ATjVW.png]

Unfortunately, this doesn't include some of the traditional major elements like the warp core, main plasma conduits to the nacelles, or Astrometrics hemisphere, though it does show that the bridge appears to be on Deck 2 with a pair of conference rooms on Deck 1. Unfortunately, it also seems to be siting the shuttle bays inside the impulse engines as well - compare the MSD above to this aft image:

[Image: zVZIIkY.png]

the shuttle bay the characters are shown disembarking in doesn't match up very well either, unless perhaps they're way in at the forward end, where the MSD has three little white features at different heights in the floor-level deck.

[Image: FFhPjGV.jpg]

I didn't take a screen shot of the view looking backward out the bay door, but it didn't look like it stretched quite that far, past rows of a dozen shuttles. Then again, having the shuttle bay size and location line up poorly with the outside of the ship is hardly unique in Trek.

I'd be inclined to move the impulse engines to the center of the rear of the saucer and keep the shuttle bays in the two tail extensions to preserve the bay size shown, but the reverse could also work. What do folks think here?

(Let's just leave the issue of general show quality aside, I'm only interested in the ship for the nonce.)
--
‎noli esse culus

Messages In This Thread
Parliament class starship (ST Lower Decks ep5's USS Vancouver) - by classicdrogn - 09-11-2020, 09:57 AM