Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ic][STORY] February 2017 in Ottawa
RE: [ic][STORY] February 2017 in Ottawa
OOC: Wasn't sure where to drop this here on the forums, but seeing as how this shortly follows after the Big Fight Scene with Meltdowner...

robkelk Wrote:He turned his back on them, walked away, and shouted, "Ben? These two are your problem now, not mine. I'll inform Lord Phantomhive and Belldandy." Then he pulled his cellphone out of his pocket and tapped a speed-dial button. "Kazari? It's Rob. Ten'oh and Kaioh are security risks. Wipe their files. Everything they have saved anywhere about any of us. Don't call me back - I need to call the higher-ups now."

Benjamin watched Rob go with a sidelong look and a raised eyebrow.  He didn't really appreciate much being yelled at like that when he was a victim himself.  But at the same time, he wasn't about to call attention to the irritation he felt at that.  As brittle as he felt, and as brittle as Rob seemed at the moment, Ben knew no good would come of it.

Besides, there were much more worthy targets present for his rage right at that moment.

He approached the two, taking slow, deliberate steps.  His gaze was a mask of ice-cold fury.  Enraged, certainly.  But measured.  Calculated.  Premeditated.

Haruka and Micheru watched as he slowly came closer with each step.  And as he closed in, their hearts began to sink down into the pit of their stomachs.  They could feel it.  He was not looking at them like people.  Instead, he was looking at them like they were ill-functioning machines and, in his anger, was working out the best way to go about breaking them down.

As he began to pace back and forth in front of them, keeping his gaze directly fixed on the two, Haruka couldn't stand the silence any longer.

"Don't you have anything to say!?" she demanded.

Benjamin paused in his movements, focusing on Haruka in a way that made her suddenly question why she felt that she had to open her mouth like that.

But Benjamin did at last find words.  And they were exquisitely cutting words at that.

"Awfully cheeky for a supposed warrior of love and justice who has just carried out the work of gods and monsters."

He turned away then and began to pace back and forth once more, his shattered mind striving to find the words he so needed to say.

"We're not monsters," said Micheru.  "You know that."

Ben stopped, his head snapping around to turn his cold fury on her in full force.  Micheru swallowed hard.

"...No," said Ben at length.  "You're not monsters.  You're something even worse.  You're tools.  You allowed yourselves to become the instruments of a monster.  And only because you two are so fucking short-sighted that you can't even act for yourselves without someone leading you by the nose."

Once again, silence reigned as Benjamin continued to pace.  But not for long.

"There is something I want you two to understand at this very moment," said Benjamin, his tone low, but fraught with intensity.  "If words exist to convey how upset I am?  I do not know of them.  But I feel that I must at least convey this much.  You may have heard that I am on the Autism Spectrum.  But knowing you?  You probably disregarded that, along with all the rest of the more important details.  The thing is that being Autistic does not mean you do not experience emotions.  It's very much the opposite, actually.  Your emotional responses are cranked past the the 'ten' mark on the metaphorical dial, and to the handwritten 'eleven' mark.  People who are on the Spectrum... they shut themselves off from the world because of this.  They insulate themselves because the world is just that overwhelming to them.

"You cannot even imagine what I feel right now.  This is so much more than the mad AI from I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream and it's rant about HATE.  What I feel right now?  If I found out any celestial being, above or below, had a hand in this?  I will fucking.  Unmake.  Their.  Sorry.  Ass.  I would leave nothing of them but subatomic particles.  The only reason why their memory would persist is because I would will it so.  And only so that they can serve as a testament of why You.  DO NOT.  FUCK.  WITH.  ME.

"But for you two?"  Benjamin scoffed derisively at that.  "There's no way I alone can possibly make you truly atone for your sins.  Rob missed the mark there.  You see, the very first person you will need to reckon with is not me.  It's not Nanoha or Fate.  It's not even their families.

"It is your Empress."  Benjamin then, at last, turned to face them.  And when he did, it was with a smile that could only be described as evil.  Had Hild been there, she would have had to cover her mouth to hide the drool leaking from her lips.  "You two are so fucking done.  Because now, you must explain yourselves to the person you were supposed to be following all this time with all of your heart and soul.  None others, least of all yourselves, should come before her.  You will now explain to her why it is you let your selfishness and pettiness come before her in your hearts."

Benjamin then turned and their gazes followed his.  Micheru and Haruka both gaped.  Because without anyone noticing, Usagi had somehow donned the regalia of Queen Serenity.  Or rather, Neo-Queen Serenity.

"Your Majesty," said Benjamin as he curtsied respectfully to the monarch.  "I apologize for making you wait like that."

Usagi - no, Her Royal Majesty, Queen Serenity II - raised a hand and placed it gently on Benjamin's shoulder.  "I understand, Benjamin.  It was your right to confront them.  But as you said, they must now explain themselves to me."

( >>>>To Be Continued...)

Messages In This Thread
[ic][STORY] February 2017 in Ottawa - by robkelk - 11-20-2020, 08:37 PM
RE: [ic][STORY] February 2017 in Ottawa - by Black Aeronaut - 01-04-2022, 08:56 PM