Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I'm working on a Bubblegum Crisis reboot screenplay...
RE: So I'm working on a Bubblegum Crisis reboot screenplay...
Regarding GENOM and Syllia: It's entirely possible for Syllia to end up on top of GENOM as a key or even the shareholder and yet be unable to effectively deal with what GENOM is doing. Organizations that large have a life and will all their own, and their nominal head may not be able to control it.

It's quite possible Syllia ends up in charge, or at least in charge of appointing the board of directors, and her reforms just don't work. Not because power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, but because Quincy has been cultivating a mindset in GENOM's upper ranks that works around or flat out nulls every attempt to reform it. At that point Syllia might well pull the plug, go for the assassins to make her point, carve up GENOM with the higher ups mysteriously not getting jobs in the much smaller new companies, or otherwise deals with the mess.

That'd admittedly be a whole other movie mind you.

As for Boomers; it's a known risk that Boomers go violently crazy, it's as simple as that, and whoever makes the decisions does not care. I mean, the USA doesn't care about the fact that cars go through front windows in cities all the damn time, to the point the news doesn't even note such events except on slow news days.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So I'm working on a Bubblegum Crisis reboot screenplay... - by hazard - 03-24-2021, 03:30 PM