Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I'm working on a Bubblegum Crisis reboot screenplay...
RE: So I'm working on a Bubblegum Crisis reboot screenplay...
Oh look I'm back. With remarkably little to show for it in terms of concrete material, but it's been awhile. Please forgive me.

Anyway. Divine Patronage is still a thing, I'm about 5K words deep into the next chapter (and I think close to the end of it by extension?), but that's not important for this thread. What is important is that I Am Still Working On This.

Two big focuses for the foreseeable future:

1. Regarding the proposal for the Priss intro where she and Celia meet when Priss tries to go after Mason - I changed my mind. I'm gonna do that instead of the bar-fight scene I've got going on now.

I still want to make it look more intentional on Celia's part - she doesn't just choose Priss after seeing her try a hit-and-run, but rather was waiting for the girl to try something stupid, knew something was going on. But the more important thing is that we get across that violent desperation Priss is all about a little simpler than the fight she tries to pick in the bar, and more importantly we get a look at Mason, maybe a few villainous schmoozy scum he likes to hang out with, learn to remember Mason and despise him so I can get more mileage out of him as a villain later on. So that means rewriting a pretty good chunk of the first 'act', and probably making it much longer. Ugh, fine, it's for the best. I don't think this means tweaking the scene where we meet Linna - or the scene where we meet Nene - but I'm pretty bad at judging these sorts of things. If the whole thing gets too long... what could I actually cut or rewrite? It's worth working on if only to soothe my anxiety.

2. The big block I have in terms of scene organization for the next chunk (mini-act?) is getting to the Sabers' first big night job, one involving some rampant construction Boomers and not much more. So we go something like:
- Interrogate Nene on Koschei
- Get Nene on board
- Display the hardsuit (Celia only has hers built)
- Cut to Mason in his element, checking up on his project and generally being a tool? (Is this needed)
- Montage of hardsuits, Priss starting to play around with singing and getting money back (or is that a full, proper scene?), Linna cancelling a few wellness consultant contracts, Nene joining ADP, Celia & Mackie building hardsuits, maybe some preliminary testing, etc. (This is going to be hard to write so it isn't too long)
- And then, then it's showtime, a chain of action scenes with a bit of downtime between them before they finally go off to fight Mason. Details a little more sketchy there, I feel like 2-3 big slugouts are good before final battle with Mason, wherever he decides to 'stage' it. (He very much is spoiling for a fight with Celia by that point.)
(I want to introduce the ADP in all this, but not Leon. Not yet, anyway. I think.)
- Epilogue: Priss gets ready for her first show, it's not much but it's something, Konya Wa Hurricane over ending credits.

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
RE: So I'm working on a Bubblegum Crisis reboot screenplay... - by STMPD - 06-26-2021, 11:04 PM