Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] "The hero's path"
RE: [OOC] "The hero's path"
Something something Joseph Campbell.

Also, I saw this in the images thread:
[Image: Rgm0X1p.jpg]

As much as I had at English teacher that I was totally crushing on in high school who was obsessed with Joseph Campbell, I tend to think of heroism much more broadly.  I write about ordinary people, because ordinary acts are often heroic -- I know some of you have preread my story where Yomi saves the world.  I can't exactly say that there is a difference between heroism and benevolence in my own theory, which probably isn't all that helpful to you.

Oh, and the teacher was named Miss Fox.  She was pretty and single, but not the young student teacher type -- she had a teenage daughter who did fashion modeling.  We got along pretty well for a while, but the "breakup" was pretty bad; I had to leave her class because she "could never trust me again."

Honestly an anime of my life is not all that much of a stretch, you know?

Anyway the first part of being a hero is to answer the call.  (This is, incidentally, the first step of spiritual ministry, which back on my point earlier...)  If something unjust is happening, Rob chooses to act.  And continues to act for love and justice.  That's all it means, really.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
[OOC] "The hero's path" - by robkelk - 01-29-2021, 09:26 PM
RE: [OOC] "The hero's path" - by Black Aeronaut - 01-31-2021, 04:06 AM
RE: [OOC] "The hero's path" - by Labster - 02-01-2021, 03:41 AM
RE: [OOC] "The hero's path" - by robkelk - 03-07-2021, 05:10 PM
RE: [OOC] "The hero's path" - by Dartz - 03-07-2021, 05:34 PM
RE: [OOC] "The hero's path" - by Black Aeronaut - 04-04-2021, 06:24 AM