Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(03-06-2021, 11:57 AM)robkelk Wrote: That compresses the timeline enough for Ben to get a Taiga persocom for Valentine's Day.

We have to make a few assumptions:
  • Somebody at Piffle is smart enough to realize what happened to them without it being explained by a manager (Chitose or Minoru might, but I suspect Zima with his government databases would notice the discrepencies as soon as he went online the first time);
  • Somebody (Yumi? Yuzuki? Sumomo?) would have to watch Toradora as soon as they realize what's happened, and suggest making a "palmtop Taiga";
  • Piffle would have to have their rapid-prototyping fabricator (3D printer) online early;
  • Ottawa has to be Kobayashi &co.'s first stop; and
  • The Taiga Persocom that Ben gets is the prototype.

Which means the Persocom Unison Device that Tomo somebody gets in order to become a magical girl wouldn't be built for a long, long time - definitely not until the beta-testing is completed.

EDIT: As for the "archiving" of memories, that sounds suspiciously like what happened to Freya in Chobits canon.

I know you've dropped tidbits about Piffle here and there, but so far the only solid thing I know about them is "We make Persocoms!"

Have you...  *Checks the wiki*  Ah, good, so there is a page...  Though the individual character pages are kinda lacking.  I'll have to do a bit more research later, but who are Dita and Zima?  I don't recall them from the anime.

Anyhow, I think we can make those suppositions ring true.  It just depends on how we write the damn thing.  Tongue

If we want Tomo or someone else to have a Taiga Unit as well, then it wouldn't be out of the question for them to be part of the testing group.  I mean, combat conditions *are* a scenario you want to see data from, and no simulation, no matter how good, can offer the true randomness of actual combat.  And also, pretty sure there'd be ordinary "Palmtop Taiga" Persocom-chibis.  In all reality, in addition to Ben's Reinforce Taiga, this means there'd be two additional prototypes, bare minimum.  More would be preferred - like somewhere in the neighborhood of six or eight units.  (No, no need to say specifically who they go to or anything like that.  They can simply be collectively referred to as the "Testing Group".  But if we do want to give someone else a "Palmtop Taiga" as either a Persocom or a Unison Device, then this will provide that opportunity.)

Besides, Reinforce Taiga would only be the FIRST prototype - albeit a high-spec custom build co-designed by Hayate[1], and for the specific purpose of being a Unison Device intended for the special cases that are Anti-Mages like Ben or Touma (because a 'regular' Unison Device cannot unison with them).  It's only a prototype in the sense that they're using the data she generates to refine the personality matrix for the production models.

Interesting idea: all the Taiga Units will actually revere Aisaka Taiga when she shows up.
"Hey... I know this warm and fuzzy stuff kinda comes hard for us.  But... really.  We're all grateful for you, you know?  Because without you... we would never have existed."

It's one of those watershed moments where you realize that merely even *existing* has had a profound effect on others.

In regards to Freya and how her memories were repressed...  Eh.  From what I recall, Freya didn't *want* that.  But in the case of a Persocom that's been abused?  Pretty sure they'd dearly love to be able to pack those memories away so they're not constantly being haunted by what happened to them.  God knows I'd love to be able to do that to myself.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 03-08-2021, 09:44 AM
RE: [IC][Story][Arc 1] Arrivals - by Norgarth - 02-13-2022, 05:08 PM