Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Quote:and San Antonio gets their own lawman, a Texas Ranger by the name of Walker...

This I like.  I loved Walker, Texas Ranger, only partially ironically.  It was like clockwork.  Every episode, a car explodes in the third act.  Every third episode, his girlfriend gets kidnapped.  Once a season, we travel back in time, or we do a Cherokee thing.  He beats up Mexican drug runners, he beats up asians who all know kung fu, and then he beats up skinheads just to show that he beats up people of all races and creeds.  They even had a black guy on just in case the script called for actual acting.

What's weird is I even liked it better than the other recent Western lawman, Longmire.  It had better components -- complex story, acting, themes of corruption and revenge -- but ultimately the characters changed to be unrecognizable by the end, and not in a good way.  Walker, well, he was a tough guy who beat up bad guys, and because that's all Chuck Norris could do, he had very consistent characterization.  And what's wrong with that?

So far as Castle, I had thought about crossing over between them in my Interpol Manzai fic, if I ever write on it again.  In this story, I can just imagine Rick Castle pretending to be Mal Reynolds, while Nathan Fillion pretends to be Richard Castle, all in an elaborate scheme to catch a killer.  And then the real Captain Mal shows up!

I had also thought about Yomi Mizuhara being related to Kaori Makimura in the other fic, which explained her shooting skills.  I'm still not sure how I would have crossed them over with City Hunter, but I still might consider that family relationship existing in TNB as well.

Also, we left out Bokuto Precinct.  We definitely need them!
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 04-16-2021, 04:28 AM
RE: [IC][Story][Arc 1] Arrivals - by Norgarth - 02-13-2022, 05:08 PM