Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB/SV data center fire outage
RE: SB/SV data center fire outage
Yeah, I get that it was a catastrophic failure, possibly involving a serious mechanical failure resulting in a rapid uncontrolled disassembly of the generator, and that the testing would likely never have caught it unless it was literally "cut main power and let stuff run on the UPS and then the generator for 30 minutes"... I was more talking about the fact that the fire department had to flood part of the data center itself to put out the fire, and that the fire had actually gotten into the data center from the generator room. Going forward, if the business survives, I expect they will have requirements from customers and insurance to have the generator room very much in a separate building from the data center, possibly with a mandated buffer zone.

Pinside has their software restored on a temporary server, but that's about it right now, and does confirm they were caught up in that disaster.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
SB/SV data center fire outage - by classicdrogn - 04-07-2021, 10:45 AM
RE: SB/SV data center fire outage - by Werehawk - 04-07-2021, 12:00 PM
RE: SB/SV data center fire outage - by Bad Moon - 04-07-2021, 12:24 PM
RE: SB/SV data center fire outage - by Bad Moon - 04-07-2021, 01:27 PM
RE: SB/SV data center fire outage - by Jinx999 - 04-07-2021, 04:39 PM
RE: SB/SV data center fire outage - by LynnInDenver - 04-08-2021, 07:25 AM
RE: SB/SV data center fire outage - by Werehawk - 04-08-2021, 08:48 AM