Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IC][STORY][OPEN] Drosselmeyer's Journal
[IC][STORY][OPEN] Drosselmeyer's Journal
Star 
October 15, 2016

What a strange place this world is. Not that I'm complaining - I have a body again, and hands, and that's always useful when somebody practices his life's work with his hands. And to know for sure that I'm a fictional character is so liberating! It says so right here on this list! If anybody doesn't like what I choose to do, I'll just blame the author! Now, as long as I'm riding in this metal conveyance to, where was it again? Oh, yes, "New York City". As long as I'm taking this trip, I may as well read this list that I awoke with. I wonder who wrote it?

November 5, 2016

So this is Ottawa. From what I've seen of it, it's a nice place. It isn't so big that it's become one of those wretched hives of humanity, like New York or Montreal are. And it isn't so small that I can't find somebody here to tell stories with!

Which reminds me... now, where was that list... oh, yes, here it is. "Rob Donaldson". What a boring name. He must be either a boring person, or a very interesting one. What does the list say, again?

Oh. He's one of the boring sorts. But he dabbles in writing, and he likes what the kids these days call "tropes". Well, then, let's give him a trope or two! He's so straitlaced that it would be so much fun to drop him into a harem comedy. But with which girl? Honestly, there's an embarrassment of riches here! Ten lovely young things to compete for his attentions! Oh, wait, wait, wait... Serenity II? No, we can't have her falling for him; she's already starring in her own story. Can't ruin one story to improve another, after all. Bad manners. Maybe I should just watch for a while.

He isn't giving me anything to work with! What a boring character! I'll just have to be creative, then. Now, which tropes should I use? Should I start with the basic "First Girl Wins"? It's been done to death, after all. Oh, but wasn't there something on the list about these people? ... Yes there was, yes there was. The girls showed up in two different groups! So, the first girl from each group wins. Give them a love triangle. Just the thing. Now, what else? He's already their guardian, so there's that added rush of forbidden love. That's enough to start with. Now, where did I put that inkhorn? Oh, right - pens hold their own ink now.

Oh, no, no, no, no, no! She practically threw herself at him, and he said no? Is he gay? The list didn't say that, and it did mention that one of the girls here likes girls. Well, I'll just have to throw his other new girlfriend at him right away, then. And make him be interested!

There, that's much better.

Now, who's next?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
[IC][STORY][OPEN] Drosselmeyer's Journal - by robkelk - 04-24-2021, 04:53 PM