Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI
(07-28-2021, 01:17 AM)Umbire Wrote:
(07-27-2021, 03:32 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 04:37 AM)GethN7 Wrote: Shared my preliminary findings with Bob, but given the sheer gravity of the red flag I discovered making it public the guy who wanted to rewrite our Adolf Hitler page is on thin ice: <snip>

An update for non-mods.  Evidence turned up that this guy was a Hitler fanboy and Nazi apologist who's been booted from other sites before, and who had only approached us the way he did because the Moderation tool prevented him from doing a drive-by edit and turning the Hitler page into a Nazi hagiography.   

Regardless, he's permabanned now.

As should be done.

Amen.

Also, and I address mods here, I changed us from using DynamicPageList3 to the original DynamicPageList (Wikimedia) version, to see if we have improved performance. Both are entirely cross-compatible, and all we use are basic features common to both, so I figured it would be worth a test to see if our pages load faster this way, as DPL3 is resource-intensive. Tested the community portal, which uses DPL extensively, and it works just fine and noticed some page load improvement.

One thing I want to do is maximize page loads and uptime, to prevent timeouts that could result in unsaved edits, make us more efficient in general, and reduce the beating the backend takes in case we get CirrusSearch enabled in the future, which is very expensive but very worth it whenever Miraheze can successfully enable it. I also want us to cleave as close to Wikimedia specific extensions for certain things as future-proofing for Scribunto, since the WMF extension support will be much easier to keep compatible long-term.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI - by GethN7 - 07-28-2021, 04:01 AM