Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI
(07-28-2021, 12:46 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Without yet following the links, I have to ask you, Geth, to please not just change things anymore.  I thought we'd established this earlier, not just for Bots.

Consider this my word of honor it won't be happening unless you guys authorize it from now on. If I break it, punish me as you deem fit.

That said, I really must insist, for technical reasons, it would be wise to revert back to the classic WMF DynamicPageList, all that changes is the parser tags, the functions of any relevance of us that we will need are common to both and will work in common on either, just the WMF version has better performance.

And I again apologize for the changes I made. I've been trying to make sure we will not fall prey to TV Tropes' issue of having a ton of front-loaded garbage that would cripple us should someone with a bad connection want to read our site, but my zeal to improve things outstripped my discretion, nothing further will be done in regard to site configuration without asking.

Note: Gethbot is ready to do any bot jobs, just fill out the proper forms so I know how to set it up to do them right. I recall Rob had some requests in the last thread, and I can do those ASAP.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI - by GethN7 - 07-28-2021, 02:07 PM