Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] The Metacontinuity and Magic
RE: [OOC] The Metacontinuity and Magic
I'd say a bit of Option One with a bit of "Other". I like to think that the system that the Midchildans and Belkans use is very similar in style to what we see in Diane Duane's Young Wizards series in that there is a lot of science involved along with the invocation of "proper names".

Example, in Minako's case, the spell would need to name Minako as she is supposed to be - everything that she is, and that on its own goes a long ways towards healing her because it defines Minako in her previous state.

Midchildan would be a bit more brute-force - it would instead describe the repair work needed to fix the damage. More longhand to the Young Wizard's shorthand. Ami would probably remark that its quite a long and complicated spell, but still very useful.

I'll need to check on Mrs. Duane's policy about fanfiction - she has some restrictions. Because I'd love it if I could have Nita and Kit showing up in San Antonio, all, "Dai Stiho! We're on errantry and we greet you."

EDIT: Sorry, "Other" in the sense that she flubs it once, maybe, and then gets this ferocious look as she tells herself, "I am better than this! One more time!

Messages In This Thread
[OOC] The Metacontinuity and Magic - by robkelk - 11-13-2021, 06:16 PM
RE: [OOC] The Metacontinuity and Magic - by Black Aeronaut - 11-17-2021, 09:50 PM