Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
Things wat happened while I was at work today

--1 Week into World War III
--Macron talks to Putin for 90 minutes. Concludes - this is going to get worse.
--The threat of penal battalions is floated in the Duma by a small party. It'll fail. Or it'll end up sending even more soldiers who don't want to be there to Ukraine.
--The tanks are rolling into Moscow. Somebody fears a coup.
--One is forced to wonder if the next annoucement from the Kremlin won't turn Russia into the world's largest crab bucket
--A stock trader drinks a toast to the collapsing markets live on television, after announcing he's going to go back to work as a Santa Claus
--There's a run on Ikea. Russian Ikeas close tomorrow.
--The Russian stock market continues to keep it's head in the sand.
--Oligarch Yachts are being seized where they dock. Yoink!
--America openly admits to feeding Ukraine live intel. Ukrainian military now backed by a machine that spent 40 years learning how to watch Russia - and is now finally getting the chance to do it.
--The Putinbots are trying to turn India to Russia's side, with stories of student hostages.
--With Russia's economy doing it's best impression of a punctured sex-doll this would, in effect, make Russia a client state of India.
--It seems to be that a lot of the whataboutism floating around is easy to ascribe to Putinbots. A valid question about double-standards maybe, but right now a stumbling block on the way to doing what must be done.
--In truth I'm finding it too easy to see people having that opinion as having taken the Russian bait. It *is* a valid question - but at the same time, Ukraine is Right There while other parts of the world aren't, and Russia poses more of a threat to Europe right now.
--Or is it possible that Putin and Friends now gotten High on their own Supply of bullshit? Maybe that explains it all - they sound like the Q's they're own agencies have created.
--A Ukrainian frigate was scuttled to keep it from the enemy
--The Russian army still hasn't learned how to do this and remains the largest supplier of military hardware to Ukraine
--Russian army - some elements now four days without food, water or fuel. Russian soldiers are fucking off home and leaving all their shit.
--And Ukraine is letting them call mammy to come get them.
--NATO goes to high alert
--A small radio station claims Russia has threatened Finland and Sweden. They do not confirm receiving the threat.
--Ukraine has begun a counter-offensive. Or claims to have done so.
--The Megaconvoy is getting pecked at by bombers. In reality, it's managed to choke itself to death, not even able to run up enough fuel to inch forward.
--Cocktail parties in Ukraine, full of smiling, happy people filling glass bottles with expanded polystyrene and petrol. As you do.
--The Ghost of Sparta would be fucking moved to manly tears by this shit.
--RT America now joins the ash heap of History
--Covid conspiracy advertisements and Q-bullshit has dropped off a cliff - roughly coincident with the time the Russia economy was kicked off the cliff.
--Ongoing talks have acheived a small breakthrough - routes for evacuation and aid have been agreed.
--Ukraine continues to dominate the cyberspace battle.

I'm forced to wonder, What the fuck would World War II have looked like through the lens of the modern internet? And would Anne Frank have remembered to turn Geolocation off on her twitter? The media of the time shapes the perception of the war. All war is fundamentally the same - messy, chaotic, awful, hilarious, bizarre, horrific - but this one's been brought into the home far more than any war before it. On the Twitter, the Facebook and live on telly - even safe and warm, thousands of miles away, you can reach out and touch it. Almost voyeuristic. You can pick up Russian radio transmissions on the shortwave and listen in while - things get worse.

You can even take part and have some small effect. Like by firing a Low-Orbit Ion Cannon at Russian websites. Or by donating money directly to the Ukrainian army.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country - by Dartz - 03-03-2022, 03:52 PM