Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
So, the shit that's been happapening while I've been at work and totally not refreshing this thread

--Ukraine has it's Eurosong entry, dropping in unnanounced with Bayraktar.

--The Russian Propeganda machine rolls on - you can see it starting to ensnare the minds.
--For the last few days the Russian Navy has been upholding the proud and noble legacy of the Kamchatka. Eventually they may hit something Ukranian.
--Odessa looks much as it did 81 years ago - with sandbags around the church and tanktraps waiting for the invaders to come
--The Ukrainian airforce remains not just in the air, but active - especially around Kyiv. That's more burnt frogfeet than a bad French restaraunt
--Is it Frogfeet, or Frogfoots?
--It seems the Airforce is less effective down south. With the capital under direct threat, I suppose it makes sense.
--Russia isn't so much holding territory, as holding a strip of land in missile range of their convoy. It's easy to go around.
--The Convoy of Doom is doomed. With insufficient fuel to move forward, and now trapped by destruction of the bridge behind it one begins to wonder how it could get worse for them. It's not going to get better.
--With Kyiv mostly safe will the Ukrainian military turn south?
--After three assasination attempts by mercenary's and Chechens, President Zelensky is still alive.
-- On the other hand, AN-225 Miriya confirmed gone - destroyed over a week ago.
--VDV continues to live up to the Volunteers to Die Violently monicker. One assumes that they're hoping people won't expect them to try it an eighteenth time. They seem to have plenty of volunteers
--Putin has started to make mild mouth noises about getting along with everyone and how they want to be friends and they don't want to threaten anybody.
--While there're rumours the FSB will resort to summary public executions to enforce the occupation
--Russia may close its banks for six months. The phrase 'economic Hari-Kiri' comes to mind. Why?
--That which is in Torpor cannot be killed, I suppose
--Once again, someone is shelling a nuclear power plant. This time, a working power plant.
--And its now on fire. And they tried to shoot the fire brigade trying to put it out.
--Mariupol is fully surrounded - but you have to wonder if a breakout is possible.
--India cancels fighter jet orders from Russia. Whether this is political, or performance driven - I don't know.,
--Blowback from the sanctions - *nobody* wants to do business with Russia, even on non-sanctioned items like Oil.
--Belarus has designs on access to a sea port. Lithuania will notice this.
--Priest arrested for Vandalising Russian Embassy in Ireland
--Ambassador Filatov announces Ireland as a hot-bed of anti-Russianism on Russian television.
--Russia Today blocked from Networks Worldwide
--Networks worldwide, blocked from Russia.
--An electronic iron curtain is being lowered.
--People are still protesting in Russia. They will be fined for doing so.
--People are still trying tell the truth in Russia. They will go to prison for fifteen years for doing so.
--The spectre of the Gulag looms once again - and already the talking heads are extolling the benefits it had for the zeks who were lucky enough to be sent to the archipelago
--Chinese netizens fairly gung-ho for Russia to win - framing it as Anti-Nato or anti-imperialist.
--Until a Russian shell found it's way to a dormitory with Chinese and Indian students. Oops?

--While I still doubt Ukraine can win, Russia is very much trying to lose. They may take Ukraine - but by every other measure Russia will be worse off when this is over than when this started.

-That said. The Russian army may run near empty of supplies some time around Sunday. And General Winter is on the March this weekend - one wonders if they've remembered to bring their cold weather gear for a war supposed to last three days.

-Putin's demands for peace have basically been reduced to the way things were two weeks ago, and acknowledging that as the way things will remain.

----

So really. If I've more than one Su-25 Frogfoot in front of me. Are they Frogfoots, or Frogfeet?

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country - by Dartz - 03-04-2022, 07:13 PM