Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
---
March 24th
Day 29

--Russian Landing ship Orsk lands here, lands, there, lands everywhere after onboard explosion
--Whether by drone, or by saboteur, that thing’s fucked.
--In a complete failure of imagination, Russian propaganda had released videos of it docked and unloading – while it was still docked and unloading. Or it left, and went back to the SAME dock.
--See ya later, Alligator
--Captain might’ve been the brother of that admiral that was recently killed. Ends up like his Brother.
--Two other ships managed to leave port. One was one fire at the time.
--Russian armies North of Kyiv seems to be in danger of being encircled
--They’re happily staying in their pocket, digging in. (This seems like a bad idea to me….)
--Something big and explody and very fuelly exploded near Irpin
--Once again, someone lands aircraft at Kherson airport.
--Once again, it gets annihilated by Ukrainian artillery still sighted on the airport.
--Trying the same thing and expecting a different result is the definition of Russian Military Strategery
--The Daily Mirror: Russia using death-squads and Chechens to hunt down deserters. To be clear, the Mirror isn’t really a newspaper, so much as something for your bird to shit on in its cage.
--They are still using unencrypted comms.
--Interrupted by someone whistling the Dukes of Hazzard car horn, or, ‘Better a deserter than fertiliser’ --- a callback to a gift of Sunflower Seeds
--Buran-30 did not have fun on the 27th of February.
--If one word could describe Russian efforts, it’s unimaginative. There’s no ‘next step’ in the mind, after the one task they’ve been told to do. There’s no context or objective, beyond Do the one Thing.
--Ukraine, is very imaginative. Anything can, and will be tried to see what sticks
--Using private drones as artillery spotters
--Shooting down ballistic missiles with Stingers
--Using drones to kill ships.
--Luring boats and ships into a killzone for a ballistic missile attack.
--98% of Belorussians are against getting involved with the war
--Not sure if biased survey. But at that point, sending troops in will be the last thing Lukashenko does in power.
--A dictator who’se feared remains in power. A dictator who’se hated is heading for a coffin.
--Russian trrops find premade medals in Kherson labelled ‘For the Taking of Crimea’
--Conveniently for the Propeganda machine, they’ve been labelled in Russian so that Russian-speakers will understand them. Even the Russian spelling of President Zalenskey’s name is used.
--Once again, there is no actual fucking thinking.
--Putin’s inner circle very quickly diminishing to a point, as they are either arrested as spies, or go into hiding.
-- FSB Colonel Beseda – responsible for Ukraine – now on house arrest.
--It’s the old Soviet adage. The plan was correct. The orders were perfect. The technology was flawless. Any failures must be treason, or sabotage.
--The amount of modern Russian army shit still for sale on eBay points to some of the problems
--The fact that bandages from the Brezhnev era are being issued to troops points to the consequences.
--UN: 50% of Ukrainian Children have been displaced from Home
--Ireland: Where the fuck are we doing to put all these refugees? People housing refugees should do it for altruistic reasons and not for payment
--US opens its doors for 100,000 refugees.
--Germany extends the life of coal plants, reduces fuel taxes and public transport costs.
--NATO asks for China to step up to the plate
--NATO considers sending anti-ship missiles to Ukraine – because, why not.
--NATO decides to supply chemical weapons protection equipment to Ukraine – just in case Russia does what everyone expects it to.
--NATO activates Bio, Chemical and Radiological defences, incase something Russia does drifts across the border.
--President Biden says that the US will respond if Russia launches a ‘non-conventional’ attack. The nature of the response, depends on the nature of the use.
--A wild Red-Line just appeared. It remains to be seen how effective it’ll be.
-- NYtimes. Russia using even a small nuclear weapon – a few kilodeaths rather than a megadeath or two – even against a non-NATO state, leaves NATO in a situation where all ‘ Bets are off’.
--US also says it hasn’t seen anything to make it adjust its nuclear posture
--France may have – 3 of their 4 ballstic missile submarines have sailed.
--France also tests unarmed nuclear missile, reminding the world it has its own private button that doesn’t have to answer to the White House.
--This probably feels more dangerous than it is.
--Red Cross President and Russian foreign Minister discuss need to protect Civilians
--Nobody tells the Russian army that’s important. 6 Civilians killed and a School destroyed in Kharkiv.
--White Phosphorous video`d being used over urban areas.
--I don’t think it’s being used for lighting – for one thing, it’s far from the frontline.
--Anyone ever play Spec Ops :The Line?
--EU believes Russia is deliberately targeting civilian food supplies.
--EU will step up support, sharpen the sanctions and reduce dependence on Russian fossile Fuels
--Has Poland blocked the Russian embassy’s access to its account?
--Lol. Poland seems to be leading the European charge, along with the Baltics. Poland is killing this thing.
--G7 is now trying to kill Russia’s ability to sell gold. People are unwilling to buy. Now Russia will be unable to sell.
--G20 still thinkings about banning Russia. Also thinking about admitting Ukraine – just as an observer.
--Bucking the expected trend – Russian stocks up as Moex opens
--But only because the Russian government is buying them to force them up. Like a snake eating its own tail
--Russia blocks Ukrainian TV in Kherson. Only Russian TV now broadcasts.
--The Hague has been notified – there has to be a Geneva convention prohibiting subjecting people to Russian television
--Russian Chief Negotiator Vladinsky makes speech – ‘Russia facing an existential crisis’
--Russian Foreign ministry shits out a map of Ukraine – showing Luhansk and Donetsk as part of Ukraine.
--Ukraine loses at least one farm tractor to Russian mines. The driver sounds mildly disappointed.
--Russian tank crew drives into flooded crater and sinks. Another, on its back in a river – crew patiently awaiting rescue --- any hour now. They’ll come back – just you wait.
--Lithuania offers more military aid
--Kosovo offers aid. Not much – but for a small country.
--The American Doomsday Plane has been spotted flying over Europe
--The Russian Doomsday Plane, likely for sale on eBay. You can buy Doomsday buttons, for sure.
--NATO may have made some concrete commitments to Ukraine in a meeting – but it’s a secret
--Ukraine may be attempting to re-take Kherson. Keeping people from learning this, explains the blocked internet and TV.

------
Barring anything big, I think tomorrow will be the last day. I might post a thread with all of these – then go back and fill out the first couple of days.

--I got my degree in military-thingys from the University of Twitter.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country - by Dartz - 03-24-2022, 05:14 PM