Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
Thanks for the "first drafts", Dartz.  I always learned something new when I read them.  I'll go ahead and continue.  Not every day, but when I feel like it.

As for the loaf vans, I wouldn't expect new ones, but plenty of gently-used ones that were abandoned on country roads, or in back gardens, or in the middle of roundabouts by the Russian army.

I'm also hearing that the colonel maybe wasn't killed by his regiment, but maybe just had his legs crushed by a tank.  Or maybe he had his legs crushed and then died in the hospital?  Also that his unit had lost 50% of its personnel before the incident.

-- Sergei Shoigu is alive after all.  Just a minor heart attack.
-- I'm sure the war has been going well in my absence... wait, what have you guys been doing!
-- Russian military has monthly meeting with American military.  One interpreter asks a general, "Hey, you're from Donetsk, right?"  Russian general says he's depressed by the whole thing, then immediately leaves the meeting.
-- Morale at the top just as good as at the bottom
-- 1/5 to 1/6 of the invasion force is "not combat-effective"
-- Russians are panic-buying pharmaceuticals like it was toilet paper.
-- No one is talking about sanctioning drugs
-- But drug prices could still have rapid inflation with the devaluing of the ruble
-- Either way, Russian people definitely don't believe what they read
-- Kapersky Labs, makers of antivirus software, now banned from most government roles in US, just like Huawei
-- Basically how all antivirus software works is by downloading little bits of executable code from a command & control server every day and then looking at all of your files
-- This is one step away from a botnet, by design
-- Honestly I trust Kapersky more than Huawei, but still do not trust the people with guns around Kapersky.
-- Zelensky finally gives up in asking for no-fly zone
-- Instead, Zelensky asks for 500 stingers and 500 javelins a day
-- Shut up and take my missiles?
-- America planning to send enough LNG to Europe to meet a third of the Russian supply... somehow.  Maybe just though accounting deals with China I guess?
-- Germany to build two natural gas terminals at seaports.
-- Enviros are upset at this plan
-- Don't worry the pipelines will also transfer ""green" hydrogen".
-- NATO actually sticking together
-- Jo Rowling doesn't like Putler.  For some reason, this merits several news articles.
-- Kyiv facing another weekend curfew, including the entire day Sunday.
-- Mass graves in Mariupol

Even though Russia is making moves as if to say that it accomplished the first part of its goals -- as if anything at all went to plan -- I honestly think this is going to keep getting worse. As war is continuation of politics by other means, it's hard to believe that either side is willing to give up anything.  The one upside is that a month in, I'm significantly less worried about the nukes; no one's dumb enough to gamble on a first strike that they are unsure they can carry out.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country - by Labster - 03-26-2022, 05:42 AM