Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][RFC] Need to get something cleared up RE: multiple instances of characters
RE: [OOC][RFC] Need to get something cleared up RE: multiple instances of characters
(03-18-2022, 09:14 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(03-18-2022, 09:10 AM)classicdrogn Wrote:
(03-18-2022, 04:23 AM)Labster Wrote: (cool stuff)

In regard to the original topic, if we're keeping Drunkard's Walk compatibility, based on Chapter 4, I'm thinking Usagi is in some way all the Usagis when she needs to be.

I'm not super into Sailor Moon but isn't this direct (manga) canon for all of the line of Serenity, along with the Ginzuishou itself and possibly the other senshi and anyone with a Star Seed? Some kind of personified manifestation of the concepts of love and hope, or something along those lines.

That's one interpretation, and there is some fanon that follows it.

Anime canon diverges from manga canon in some important ways (such as Silver Millennium Princess Serenity dying while trying to rescue Endymion instead of committing suicide), and I've been using anime Usagi in TNB. So this might or might not apply as-is.

I'm thinking the idea of them being personifications comes mostly by analogy to the Roman gods.  That theory hits more problems after the S season, because what does Vesta represent, love and animal taming?  Or Galaxia, and the "trash planet" she says she came from; is she the personification of love and bad decisions?  But it's still viable enough.

In my own headcanon, which is not part of this story but of my LotR cross, the girls have half-elven souls, which explains their longevity even while reborn as humans.  The star seed is a gift from each archangel, a portion of their power given to their champion.  Usagi has the gift of Varda Elentári, queen of the stars.  But in exchange for Elbereth's gift, she gave up both the Gift of Man and the Gift of Elves -- or in the words of Sailor Burning Heart, their destiny is to die "as many times as is necessary."  I haven't read through In Nomine but I'm guessing there's a concept there to describe this kind of relationship.  I don't think it's quite compatible with Drunkard's Walk unless there's an additional apotheosis step in there somewhere.

robkelk Wrote: The reflection in Usagi's mirror grinned and said "It's showtime!"
Oh no, we're all tomatoes!
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][RFC] Need to get something cleared up RE: multiple instances of characters - by Labster - 03-18-2022, 05:09 PM