Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] Magic A is Magic, eh?
RE: [OOC] Magic A is Magic, eh?
(04-26-2022, 07:34 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 04:34 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 03:33 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: It sounds like reasonable start.  Feel free to use the Unified Theory of Magic from my works if it makes things easier or consistent.
You'll have to refresh my memory on how that one works.  Isn't it similar to AdmiralTigerCla's interpretation in Sleeping with the Girls?

It boils down to "every magical system/school is the equivalent of a high-level programming language with its own specific strengths, weaknesses and limitations that runs several levels of abstraction above 'real' magic, which is the equivalent of machine language or perhaps bare-metal."  The differing grades could be measuring how much closer one system is to "bare metal" than another is.

Oh, and it makes it possible to "decompile" a spell from one system into a universal notation from which you can then "translate" it to another.  You want to run a Divine Buster on the Ginzuishou?  The UTM gives you the tools to do so.

Yeah, this was pretty much what ATC was running with, only with the added bene of there being a universal notation system to decompile everything into so it can be ported over into a different system.  And I like the idea of "bare metal" - that would perfectly explain the "True Magic" and why it's so effective.

Messages In This Thread
[OOC] Magic A is Magic, eh? - by robkelk - 04-25-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: [OOC] Magic A is Magic, eh? - by Bob Schroeck - 04-25-2022, 03:33 PM
RE: [OOC] Magic A is Magic, eh? - by robkelk - 04-25-2022, 05:49 PM
RE: [OOC] Magic A is Magic, eh? - by Bob Schroeck - 04-26-2022, 07:34 AM
RE: [OOC] Magic A is Magic, eh? - by Black Aeronaut - 04-26-2022, 08:17 AM
RE: [OOC] Magic A is Magic, eh? - by Dartz - 04-25-2022, 05:36 PM