Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
(05-20-2022, 06:52 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(05-20-2022, 03:45 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: There is one other thing that I feel I must ask about:

Why are we bothering to make a production out of my character suddenly disappearing from the setting?

Because you told us to take particular characters and plotlines out of the setting, and stickied the thread. If you didn't want people to make a production out of it, you shouldn't have launched the production.

Ah, no. Rob, there are reasons besides my vanity that you NEED TO STOP.

I know Brent already talked to you on my behalf, but from what I've heard, you'd rather hear it from me.  (BTW: You REALLY pissed me off with that bullshit.)

For one thing, if Rob was the one who ultimately guided the reshaping of the Universe, then it can be said that he is ultimately to blame for Benjamin not being involved any longer.

You do not want that on your hands.

Additionally: Even if you're not dropping my character's name, there is the implication that you are acting upon my character.  Benjamin would be one of those people in Belldandy was talking about in her letter.  He does not need to be named in order to be present.

You know it.

I know it.

Everyone else here knows it.

There is no way for you to disguise this fact.  We wouldn't even be having this conversation if it wasn't the case.

Please.  Stop.

That said....

This desire to have a Watsonian explanation for the retcon is incomprehensible to me.  It is not needed because nothing has been published as of yet.

And in all reality, Hvergelmir should never had needed to be repaired in the first place.  The premise is incredibly flimsy because, while Yggdrasil and Níðhöggr may be separate systems, it would make zero sense whatsoever if Hild permitted Níðhöggr to continue to operate like that during a state of crisis.  Especially one that has the two sides being forced to work together.  And I don't believe that even Hagal would be so audacious to go against Hild at this time - Hild would fucking kill her if she did something like that.

You need a better premise.  That's coming from me as a writer, and not me as the creator of TNB.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon - by Black Aeronaut - 05-21-2022, 01:30 PM