Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
Checking the Prairie Home Companion wiki reveals that there is only one canonical motel in the town and given that it apparently is also a bait shop is probably someplace we don't want to convert into a residence, if only because of the smell. There don't appear to be any boarding houses, at least that got advertising time on the show.

So, thinking about it, I'm going to suggest we turn a former farm just out of town -- someplace with a big farmhouse and a lot of outbuildings -- into the residence. We can just call it "The Old <insert name here> Place" and pick something that's either German or Scandinavian to match the names on the other businesses in town. Backstory can be something like, "Old man <name> passed away last spring, and his son, who's a <pick a profession> in Minneapolis, has no interest in coming back home and running the farm, so he's been trying to sell it for a few months now but he's been asking more than anyone local wants to spend. Then that nice Mr. Phantomhive came to town..." (And maybe some of the townsfolk are now calling it "The Phantomhive Place"...) The farmhouse is huge -- it was built in the 1930s when the family had 12 kids and a couple of them were old enough that they had families of their own staying there -- and there's a good-sized bunkhouse for the hired hands the farm needed back when it had been a very profitable going concern. The barn can be turned into a dojo/training hall for the RWBY folks; other outbuildings can be whatever we need, and we put something cool in the silo.

While I'm spinning flights of fancy here, I'd like to suggest we take a page from the RWBY fic Emergence and make the Remnans explicitly superhuman. I mean, consider how much Crescent Rose probably weighs and think about how easily Ruby swings it around one-handed... It would certainly fit the catchphrase from A Prairie Home Companion about the children all being above average...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon - by Bob Schroeck - 05-31-2022, 12:55 PM