Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT][ARC 3] Planning for Arc 3
RE: [OOC][PLOT][Arc 3] Planning for Season 3
(02-13-2022, 04:07 PM)robkelk Wrote: "So. We're in Montreal." Konata stated, desperate to rejoin the conversation on a positive note.

"You are," Rin agreed.

"And we're in a Narō novel."

"They're called 'isekai' now," commented Kazari. "And, yes."

"And I'll bet we're not getting power-ups right away. If ever." Konata sighed. "Let's talk about our quest over lunch. We're getting a quest to save the world, right?"

Kazari looked puzzled. "Not as far as I know... but we could ask our friends whether there's anything like a quest that you could go on."

"No quest? That takes all the fun out of being in a Narō novel - sorry, in an isekai novel." In a quieter voice that she thought nobody else could hear, Konata continued, "Oh, well. It looks like I'm going to miss winter Comiket this year."

Now that I've posted that... I see a few ways that we can run with this situation.

Option the First: The girls from Lucky Star get power-ups and join the Forces of Good. Aside from deciding what sort of power-ups they get, this is the easy way to get them into the adventures that their apartment-mates are and will be having... but it's also been done so many times that it's a cliché.

* robkelk glances at the V&V rulebook that Epsilon left behind, specifically the character-creation chapter

Option the Second: The girls remain normal girls, helping out as moral compasses and reminders of just who the other displacees are fighting for during Arcs 2, 3, and 4. It's an unusual option for isekai, and it requires Konata to be Wrong Genre Savvy instead of Genre Savvy... but if it's done well (e.g. Saten-san in canon) and they find a niche that only they can fill, it makes for good stories.

Option the Third: Send them on a quest. Bog-standard isekai - another cliché. But we aren't doing bog-standard isekai anywhere, despite all of the characters other than the managers being Trapped in Another World.

Option the Fourth: Other - fill in the blank. _____

The fact that I'm posting this in the Arc 3 thread instead of the Arc 1 thread shows I'll looking at the long view here.

Thoughts?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT][Arc 3] Planning for Season 3 - by robkelk - 02-13-2022, 07:46 PM