Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country, Part II
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country, Part II
The local Army post used to bring a tracked APC (not even an actual tank) out for various fairground events, and just that one passing by two or three times a year put noticeable wear on the asphalt in the pattern of the cleats on its treads. I could easily see having enough to be significant in military terms tearing a road up to the point civilian vehicles would have trouble driving on it, though I suppose a bridge probably doesn't have a thick layer of asphalt over the concrete, which would be somewhat tougher to cause more than scuffs on.

My understanding is that more modern tracked vehicles have rubber shod treads to reduce that kind of thing and give them better traction on paved surfaces, as well, but we are talking about what the Soviet army is able to scrape up for armor at this point, which probably still makes the backwater reservist training vehicle from twenty years ago look top-notch.

e: more thirty years now
--
‎noli esse culus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country, Part II - by classicdrogn - 08-19-2022, 10:19 AM