Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country, Part II
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country, Part II
The counter-attack has begun!  Or at the very least a feint of a counter-attack!  Ukrainian forces are moving towards Kherson right now (well maybe not right right now  because it's nighttime Himars O'Clock).

-- Ukrainian forces recapture 4 villages, which is not amazing because Russia has been averaging a new village every day or two, but still
-- Ukrainians claim to have cut off all crossings to the Dnipro, except to pedestrians.
-- Since the next was pretty much obvious to everyone -- Kherson is the target, and even idiots like me know that -- this was essentially a ruse to draw reinforcements to positions that could not be resupplied later.  And, Russia seems to have just taken the bait?
-- There are something like 25k orcs in the pocket, with no way to leave except without vehicles.
-- This war is really testing the definition of "encirclement" in military circles.  A few times I've read someone say a force was encircled, then another guy says that they aren't surrounded because they are technically still connected to friendly territory.  And then another guy says, yeah, but they still can't leave the area without getting killed so how is that not encirclement? 
-- There were reports that "Donetsk People's Republic" "volunteers" fled the field, after one guy asked, "Hey, what happened to all of the Russians with us?"
-- Ukraine Armed Forces asks for everyone to stop posting on social media any details of the Kherson operation.  OSINT blackout pls
-- But Russians will never read this forum, so I feel safe telling you about crazy guy I saw from my back yard in Antonivka.  He was wearing grey leather and had speakers playing music on his helmet, and totally zapping orcs left and right with electricity while riding a motorcycle.  The US biolabs in Ukraine definitely worked out well guys.
-- Zelensky says any true patriot will not talk about ongoing operations
-- Not gonna name names, but you know who you are, Petro Poroshenko
-- Twitter reports of mass surrenders near Kherson, but honestly who fucking knows at this point
-- After Dugina got firebombed, there's been a bit more sabotage on important fascists, like Yevgeny Sekretarev, Deputy Chief of Staff of the Russian Armed Forces
-- Russian media say 65-year-old Elena Belova, who set fire to a Russian military official's car in Moscow, was kidnapped by Ukrainian special forces, hypnotized and taught by them how to burn cars.
-- If this story sounds somehow familiar to you, maybe you've read a few issues of Black Widow?  Yes, Elena Belova is her real name.
-- Satire was pronounced dead at the scene
-- Why on earth would Russians believe that all of these attacks on Russian supply depots are actually caused by careless Russians?  Fire, Explosions At Russian Military Base Force Evacuations is an article from June 3, 2011.
-- Russians bemoan attack on Nova Kakhovka which knocked out water and power.
-- Reminder: Months later, Mariupol still has no running water, no working sewer, and will not provide central heating to the old Soviet-style buildings
-- International atomic inspectors welcome in Zaporizhzhia NPP, but gosh, it's too dangerous because "Ukraine" keeps attacking us.
-- I mean, look at these holes in the top of the reactor building that Ukraine definitely did, just like they did 9/11.
-- On the other side of the lake, Ukraine is distributing iodine tablets in the city of Zaporizhzhia.
-- Russia blocks renewal of Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty because of a clause that says they can't occupy ZNPP with tanks and shit.
-- Kazakhstan has been cozying up with Azerbaijan, just across the Caspian Sea.  Both countries have now denounced Russia's attacks.
-- The plan is to send oil across the Caspian, then through Azerbaijan and Georgia (south of the Caucasus) into the Black Sea, so that Kazakhs are no longer reliant on Russian pipelines to sell to the West.
-- Once Russia was discovered to be weak, all of her "allies" seem to have deserted her?  One wonders if this is people waiting for a chance, or simple pragmatism.
-- What the Russians call Russophobia is actually what happens when people stop being afraid of Russians.
-- Ukraine has lost one Denmark's area of land to Russia.
-- Ukraine planning to turn down it's Soviet central heating to 17-18°C this winter, which seems reasonable.
-- Germany is no longer worried about having enough gas for the upcoming winter, assuming they get 10% conservation or so.
-- Tomorrow, EU defense ministers meet in Prague to consider once again: should the EU train Ukraine's military directly?
-- "I don’t quite understand why we send training missions to the Mozambican army and not to the Ukrainian army."
-- Russian babushkas responding to America's sanctions.  This is comedy gold.
-- Image: A freeway road sign in Vilnius, Lithuania
-- Just a post reminding me of the cost of the war to individuals: ruzzians destroyed everything I held dear

[Image: ywd3i4tt5ok91.jpg]
Omg, it's combined arms acting in concert! Must be the good guys.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country, Part II - by Labster - 08-29-2022, 11:44 PM