Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WH40K] Darktide Launches Tomorrow...
[WH40K] Darktide Launches Tomorrow...

Released tomorrow, I've been playing through the Open Beta of this this last week and having a blast. You, and three friends (Or randomers from the internet) against a vast swarm of 'zombies', a little like Left 4 Dead but with fire, explosions, two-handed chainswords and fully-automatic rocket-prepelled grenade launches. 4 classes - from a Military Veteran, a Psyker, a Zealot preacher and a big friendly Ogryn - with some customiseability along the way.

Probably the best thing about it are the environments - from the ship you're based on, to the detailed realisations of the Hive City (of about 70-90 billion people constructed over 10-millenia plus as a layer cake of city upon city ) where your missions are based, it gives the 41st Millenium a depth of weight and feeling that's been missing. Take a moment to look around and realise how vast spaces are - and that that is a spaceship several kilometres long parked in the distance - or that you're still Technically Indoors, with a ceiling kilometres above. Or that you're having a full blown way in the cty's depths while far above, life carries on as normal....

The second best thing are the weapons - which range from the effective (The humble lasgun is no mere flashlight but makes mincemeat of anything unarmoured) to the outright brutal. Boltguns especially have an impact befiting the fluff - blasting hordes apart, or cutting people in half with a two-handed eviscerator chainsword.

There're the usual microtransactions for fancy outfits and the like, but I haven't had to dabble in them yet.

So far - I've been playing a Zealot Preacher with a crazy scottish accent. And 'Tiny' - the largest Ogryn possible in the game.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
[WH40K] Darktide Launches Tomorrow... - by Dartz - 11-29-2022, 06:44 PM