Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII
(01-02-2023, 07:02 PM)GethN7 Wrote: I just want to state, for the record, I agree with Umbire on this:

https://allthetropes.org/wiki/Topic:X9yot0dupc9pecnf

As many of you know, my issues with TV Tropes are and remain legion, and All The Tropes is not perfect, but it's like a spring compared to their sewer in regards to my complaints.

That said, I wholeheartedly agree with Umbire we can rise above them while still making our criticisms of them reasonable, disspassionate, and even if we cannot abandon our private resentments, I believe, if only to act as mature as we claim, we should avoid letting them be public.

Ergo, I request of my fellow admins that we tone down the venom. We can still criticize, I'm all for that, but let's avoid anything in said critique that crosses the line from dispassionate commentary on their failings and crosses over into pettiness, vindictiveness, or just outright venom.

And right on cue is the Horny one with a response that frankly reads as reactionary in its haste to cast me as pro-censorship for calling out recent edits (including his I'll freely admit) on their sloppiness.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII - by Umbire - 01-02-2023, 07:41 PM