Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complaining about the weather - 2023 edition
RE: Complaining about the weather - 2023 edition
I think I'll stick to Europe for the next while. I mean, it's shaping up to be a hot summer and the expectation is that it's going to break temperature records, again, after last year broke records, again, after the year before broke records, again, after the year before that broke records, again, after the year before that broke records.

Yes, we've had 4 consecutive 'hottest years on record' and we are expecting this one to be the fifth. But this one is likely to be special.

Because it's anticipated that this will be an El Nino year, after four years of La Nina. Which, I suppose, is rather obscure for most, so let me explain how it was explained to me. The El Nino/La Nina phenomenon directly impacts global average temperatures and with it the average temperature experienced throughout the year everywhere on the planet. La Nina has an effect not too dissimilar to somebody running the air conditioning except on a planetary scale.

El Nino? Somebody turned on the heater.

It was already anticipated that this year would be the hottest year on record for the fifth year in a row. And now, we are anticipating that not only will it be the hottest year on record, but that it will bust records set last year by wide margins.

Fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Complaining about the weather - 2023 edition - by hazard - 06-07-2023, 08:17 PM