Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My ideas
My ideas
I'd like to contribute to Fenspace.

My first idea is a simple one for Pulpers.

"Skippers" will be the header title on the page, and it will be an SCP Foundation subfaction. However, it won't be the only one, seeing as how the SCP community has been historically divided across websites in real life. I want to make other SCP groups within bigger factions, such as the Wizarding World (because of Serpent's Hand and Wanderer's Library) and Village Hidden in Asteroids (because of SCP-JP deliberately being patterned off of supernatural anime and manga sometimes, and SCP-CN having character archetypes from Chinese action fantasy such as xian immortals).

This is my writeup.

Skippers (header)

These Pulpers are similar to Foglios in that their fannishness revolves around a modern, online property: the SCP Foundation. However, the loose canon and dark nature of SCP means the fen who want to bring its more optimistic memes into space are inherently divided, and the Skippers are certainly not the only SCP-related group in Fenspace. Other groups are almost always contained within a specific faction, however, whereas the Skippers are an interfactional group which has sometimes aided the mysterious Fivers and tend to stick together in mysterious, anti-authoritarian secret societies and settlements distant from the reach of factional leadership. However, the Skippers have often suffered because they are a group that rejects hierarchy for the most part because they see the bureaucracy of the Foundation as a tragedy that should be avoided in the real world.

Their lack of leadership has led to many of their settlements suffering from starvation over the years, although no deaths from it have occurred as of yet. Skipper settlements have a special relationship with major fen companies and space venture capitalists for reasons faction leadership and most Skippers want to keep secret. These external groups are generally the main provider of resources to Skipper settlements.

Many Skippers who snitch tell stories about transhuman experiments and largely ineffective plans to make an army of cyborg soldiers for a variety of purposes which differ between the fen telling the stories. Using them as slave bodyguards to be loaned to those who need them, surveillance tools, and even a tool to somehow extort the entire human race and AI into giving them money and resources with their military strength. Given what is known about Fenspace's countermeasures to such things, these tales are unlikely at best and no Skipper who has told one has ever been harassed or disowned by another Skipper. Regardless, this group's plans are unlike any other in the solar system and seem intriguing.

No Skipper who is not part of a secret society has done anything of political significance, and even most society Skippers follow the same path. However, a select few societies have done things like network with Fivers and aid them in ways no member of the two factions is willing to discuss or knows anything about. These "elite" Skippers are generally seen as the highest members of the group, regardless if they live in a Skipper settlement or not, and the only known exception to their anti-hierarchy beliefs among most Skippers, although they have no special role in actually leading Skipper settlements. The Skippers who have provided aid to the Fivers are mostly diplomats, and their unorthodox views on government and society have hindered as much as they have helped Fiver diplomats.

The name of the group originates from the Tale (the term used to describe an online story on the SCP Wiki that does not follow the office form format of the typical SCP entry, and which are usually more grounded than the stories accepted on the Wanderer's Library website) UIU Orientation.

Messages In This Thread
My ideas - by ModularMansion - 03-26-2023, 03:06 PM
RE: My ideas - by Dartz - 03-27-2023, 05:00 PM
RE: My ideas - by ModularMansion - 03-28-2023, 07:55 AM
RE: My ideas - by Dartz - 03-28-2023, 12:50 PM
RE: My ideas - by ModularMansion - 03-28-2023, 05:13 PM
RE: My ideas - by robkelk - 03-28-2023, 06:48 PM
RE: My ideas - by Bob Schroeck - 03-29-2023, 07:36 AM
RE: My ideas - by Proginoskes - 06-18-2023, 09:53 AM
RE: My ideas - by Norgarth - 03-28-2023, 08:32 PM
RE: My ideas - by Dartz - 05-01-2023, 09:17 AM