Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tip of the Hat to the Original
quoting without context, yay!
Quote:
it's like putting Spiderman in a suit of full field plate.

I have that issue! I'd list the title and issue, but it's in a box under the eaves. I bought the toy, too, because the Spider-Armor was just too keen to resist, even if they did just go with metalised plastic for the silver bits instead of proper chrome plating. I don't even remember what vilain he used it against, but I think he abandoned it again after Electro kicked his webbed butt because it turned him into a Spider-Lightning-Rod.
On the other hand, I freely admit that it was the kind of bonehead marketing maneuver that gave us the Spider-Clones, Onslaught, and Tony Stark as the past-self of Kang the Conqueror. Putting Doug in a giant robot might not be as ridiculous as selling SSJ Goku toys with a hoverbike and bazooka, but it's not all that for behind. Maybe if he ended up on Cybertron during one of the periods that it was solidly under Decpticon rule, and it would then serve as a combination disguise and life support unit - though the cartoon tended to ignore it whenever it was inconveinient, the TF homeworld's atmosphere is suposedly only barely in the range where humans can survive unaided for more than a few hours, between the pollution of ... well, either eight or twelve, depending on the source ... *billion* years of fairly constant warfare, and even that is somewhat mysterious given its lack of plant life to free oxygen. (My memory is hazy on how old the universe is, but ISTR it's only about 10bill, so if the Cybertronian Civil Wars have been going on for twelve, that means they're extrauniversal... probably along with the the rest of the machine life that shows up in the continuity.)
- CD

Messages In This Thread
A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ebony - 05-16-2003, 12:27 AM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ebony - 05-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ace Dreamer - 05-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ace Dreamer - 05-18-2003, 02:22 PM
quoting without context, yay! - by classicdrogn - 05-21-2003, 12:40 AM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ace Dreamer - 05-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ace Dreamer - 05-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Re: quoting without context, yay! - by Ace Dreamer - 05-21-2003, 02:42 PM
Re: Spidey's AC Enhancer - by Bluemage - 08-04-2006, 02:07 AM
Re: Spidey's AC Enhancer - by ClassicDrogn - 08-04-2006, 02:49 AM