Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tip of the Hat to the Original
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original
> Possibly... mind you, I've only seen a little bit of the original Iczer, and none of the followups.
I recomend seeing all of the original "Fight! Iczer One" as least once, assuming you don't object to anime with quite a bit of horror in it. "Cutawolf" is supposed to be mis-spelt "Cthulhu", BTW! From what I saw of the followups, "Iczer Three" was reasonably fun, but "Iczelion" was just another magical girls show.
> I also don't see Doug as a giant robot kind of guy. In fact, in the tiny little bit of a hint of a Sakura
> Wars Step I have written, Doug looks at a koubu and basically says, "It's very ingenious, very
> nice, but you'll never get me in one of those things." It's kind of anathema to his nature -- it's like
> putting Spiderman in a suit of full field plate.
I didn't say I that I saw Doug as being _competent_ in a mecha! [grin]
I just thought that he would find it fun as a way to upset people who took the whole giant robotic suit thing too far! After all, _you_ get to choose what "Iczer Loony" looks like (cross between "Wily E. Coyote" and "Buggs Bunny", or even "I Am Weasel" ???). I also thought a mecha might have a much bigger radius chaos field, which might be fun... And, a guest appearance by the mecha in a later Step might be fun (e.g. large hand comes out of nowhere, grabs a falling Doug, puts him gently on the ground, he wakes up, "What!?!").
My knowledge of Sakura Wars is limitted to seeing the trailers, some SW fanfic, and UF...
> As for Shea/Friday etc., I'll think about it. I'm still struggling with Ch 13 of DW2, though...
I think most people would agree that DW2:13 is higher priority!
If wanted to really mix things up, have Shea (the Younger) having been through an anime world before, and picked up an energetic blonde lady by the name of "Excel"...
(I would restrict her to three "resets" though, being a long, long, way from her home reality!)
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind

Messages In This Thread
A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ebony - 05-16-2003, 12:27 AM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ebony - 05-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ace Dreamer - 05-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ace Dreamer - 05-18-2003, 02:22 PM
quoting without context, yay! - by classicdrogn - 05-21-2003, 12:40 AM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ace Dreamer - 05-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Re: A Tip of the Hat to the Original - by Ace Dreamer - 05-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Re: quoting without context, yay! - by Ace Dreamer - 05-21-2003, 02:42 PM
Re: Spidey's AC Enhancer - by Bluemage - 08-04-2006, 02:07 AM