Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steel Angel Kurumi and Steel Angel Kurumi S2
Re: Steel Angel Kurumi and Steel Angel Kurumi S2
I've seen both, CD, and believe me, I've been considering them. If I understood the concept as expressed in the original series clearly enough, the Steel Angels are all going to register on his mystic senses as robots with celestial souls, which would interest him no end.
Quote:
Doug would NOT want to be in the fights, though, the top Acadamy steel angel could probably hold her own with Radditz, TV's Ifurita, or one-gem OVA Ryoko.
Hell, at the end there, both Mikhail and Kurumi could hold their own one-on-one with Hexe, and if they teamed up, might take her out. Yes, major agreement, Doug does not want to be caught in the crossfire of those later battles. Earlier ones, he would acquit himself rather well in -- helping Kurumi against Karinka, for instance. (Other than that fight, I think Doug would really like Karinka; in case no one's noticed, he gets along well with feisty women. And Karinka's definitely the most feisty of the bunch. Love the scene where she's cussin' up a blue streak; Hilary Haag must have had a lot of fun doing the dub for that...)
Quote:
Whoa, sudden bad mental image, El-Hazard Lost Science Theater 3000, with Jinnai and TV's Ifurita as the Mads, Makoto and the princesses on the Ai of God...
In a not-too-distant timeline
A place called El-Hazard
Makoto Mizuhara
Got dumped in their back yard...
Harem roll-call!
Nanami (How much?)
Afura (Badger slash!)
Miz Mishtal (A civil servant!)
Shayla (What a hot-head)
...um, I'll have to work on it, I think. I was coming up with a verse about him "working for Rune-Venus/as a double for her sister/except for his..."
... but enough about that.

Quote:
the blonde Steel Angel's costume is better but her hairstyle makes her look like a six year old,
It makes her look like Cindy Brady, is what it does. And call me a dirty old man, but I liked the original Karinka's outfit.
Quote:
Gods, that dub is a crime against humanity...
Let us agree to disagree here... and not discuss relative merits etc.
I have, as I noted above, toyed with the idea of dropping Doug into this story world, most recently into season 2 (which I agree shows a remarkable drop in almost all qualities from the first). The choice of season 2 is simply because there is nothing in it worth worrying about when it comes to disturbing the plot development. The main thing I envisioned Doug doing is trying to keep the dimwit girl from next door ("Didn't you ever want to hurt a cute thing simply because it's cute?"??? The girl needs some serious slapping around. "Hey, I think you're really cute. Check out this baseball bat!") and Kurumi away from the recital hall. (Which has to have the world's best soundproofing, you realize... no one inside noticed all the explosions happening right outside the front door...) But so far, that's really all that I've bothered coming up with. That, and spanking that brat. Several times.
(Oh, and did you realize that Grandpa has to be Nakahito's son? And why does Mom look like Trixie from "Speed Racer"? All these and other questions won't get answered in our next episode... )

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Steel Angel Kurumi and Steel Angel Kurumi S2 - by Bob Schroeck - 02-29-2004, 01:31 AM
Steel Angel Kurumi Manga - by ordnance11 - 10-04-2005, 07:12 AM
DEEP HURTING!!! - by Logan Darklighter - 10-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Re: DEEP HURTING!!! - by Bob Schroeck - 10-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Re: DEEP HURTING!!! - by Balentius - 10-04-2005, 02:19 PM
RE: El-Hazard 3000 - by Berk - 10-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Re: DEEP HURTING!!! - by Logan Darklighter - 10-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Re: DEEP HURTING!!! - by Logan Darklighter - 10-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Re: DEEP HURTING!!! - by Bob Schroeck - 10-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Re: DEEP HURTING!!! - by Logan Darklighter - 10-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Re: DEEP HURTING!!! - by mephron - 10-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Re: DEEP HURTING!!! - by Logan Darklighter - 10-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Re: DEEP HURTING!!! - by ClassicDrogn - 10-05-2005, 06:49 AM