Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Because We've Been Watching "Sakura Wars"...
Because We've Been Watching "Sakura Wars"...
Kohran pushed her glasses up her nose, never taking her eyes off the unconscious man on the cot. "It is not unheard of," she said quietly. "There are ancient words for people who could do this, who could project their spirit energy out of their body in any way that they wanted.""There are?" Ohgami's eyes snapped to hers. "What are they?""Shugenja," Kohran whispered. "Magus. *Wizard*."---------------"It's a beautiful piece of work, but you'd never find me getting into one."---------------"What are you using to generate your steam? I mean, don't get mewrong, but I don't see a coal car hanging on the back of these things. And you guys have neither the theory or the resourcesfor atomics."Kohran gave me a sly little smile, spun a couple of dogs and popped open a hatch. "Look there. See?"I frowned at first, not sure of what I was seeing. It didn't seem to make sense, like an Escher print expressed in reality.Then I had a sudden moment of double vision, as two completely different paradigms overlapped and blended. "Holy shit," I whispered. "Ah, you understand. Yes," Kohran replied. "It is what you think."I shook my head. "And I thought *my* world had a handle on magitech. I'd never have... I mean... *damn,* woman."She giggled.
(No promises... just a little fun I came up with.)

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Messages In This Thread
Because We've Been Watching "Sakura Wars"... - by Bob Schroeck - 04-09-2003, 02:04 PM
Hmm.... - by Rod.H - 04-16-2003, 04:19 AM
Re: Hmm.... - by Bob Schroeck - 04-16-2003, 01:44 PM