Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some More AMV Suggestions (mostly older AMV)
Some More AMV Suggestions (mostly older AMV)
Since search never works, I don't know if you've talked about these before, but here are several of my current favorites (though they're probably all considered "old").  All available from animemusicvideos.org.
"Ad Caelum" from Honou Productions - music = the opening from the HBO series "From Earth to the Moon". This video is a valentine to flight.
"AMV Night in Canada" from Eh-MV Studios. This opens with a parody of Hockey Night in Canada, and jumps to all sorts of goofy amv clips that were created especially for this video (I wish some of them were their own full AMV).  Comedy, definitely.
"Classical Flight" from Vlad G Pohnert - music = "Classical Gas" by Mason Williams. Multiple Miyazaki/Ghibli anime.  Action.
"In Memory of Soldier A" from NeoMikey.  Comedy tribute to the so-essential anime character, "soldier A".
"Live at Budokan" from Honou Productions - music = "Rock of Ages" by Def Leppard.  Every anime band/character who sings seems to be in this thing.  A real music video.
"The Look" from Vlad G Pohnert - music =   "The Look" by Roxette.  A tribute to some kick-butt-and-take-names ladies of anime, circa 2001.
"Moondance" from Premonition Studios - it's an instrumental using music of the same name. Featured anime = Sailor Moon (of course). SM spoilers for anything past the R-movie (including the S-series and beyond). Action.
"A New Kind of Art" from Darkmag - music = "99 Red Balloons" (in English).  Multiple anime. Action.
"Sappy Self-Indulgence" from Kuroyaro - music = the elephant love song montage in Moulin Rouge, sung by Nicole Kidman and Ewan MacGregor. Comic/romantic/sappy.
Self-Titled from Kuroyaro - music = "Golden Slumbers," "Carry the Weight," "The End" by The Beatles. Action.
"A View to a Kill" from Vlad G Pohnert - music = "A View to a Kill" by Duran Duran.  Profile (City Hunter)
"We Want You" from Vlad G Pohnert - music = "In the Navy". Multiple anime. Parody/Comedy.
"We Need You" - the follow-up.  music = "It's a Good Day to Die" by that singing SkyMarshal from Starship Troopers 3.  Multiple anime.  Parody/Comedy.
(ok, just about anime AMV that Vlad G Pohnert has done)

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

Messages In This Thread
Some More AMV Suggestions (mostly older AMV) - by Jeanne Hedge - 04-17-2010, 06:04 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 04-18-2010, 12:11 AM
[No subject] - by Star Ranger4 - 04-18-2010, 08:15 PM
[No subject] - by Jeanne Hedge - 04-19-2010, 05:39 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 04-20-2010, 05:41 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 04-20-2010, 07:41 PM