Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Story] Interview with a Zwilnik
[Story] Interview with a Zwilnik
It took us two minutes with a 'waved scalpel to cut the remains of his space suit free. Sal and I were both sure he was a goner. No respiration, almost no pulse, and blood everywhere. No cuts, though. No open wounds. Just blood, around his mouth and down his front and covering the inside of his suit. We both figured the poor guy had major internal hemorraging from his suit rupture, massive internal bleeding, that kind of thing.
Crewing the first ambulance in space, we'd both seen this kind of thing before. Today, we'd seen it far too often. With the battle between the Reavers and the SOS-dan still in progress, wed probably be seeing it all day.
Sally hopped into the front to set our course while I tried to keep our two passengers alive. The one on the right would live. Steady breathing, wearing an oxy mask. He probably had a concussion. He was the lucky one.
The other guys on the ship hadnt had suits when their hull had been holed. One of them had been badly cut up, probably by shrapnel. Two more had died from exposure. The other guy through
The last one was the mystery. He had a suit, but it was badly holed. Hed managed to tie it off with a dead mans belt, but it had apparently been leaking slowly. When we got to him, the pressure in the suit was almost as low as Mars surface. And the internal bleeding. But for no good reason we could tell, he wasnt dead.
Fighting off an urge to procrastinate further, I go over and check him. Not breathing. Pulse, but weak as hell. Blood pressure well below normal. That, at least, is something that can be addressed. Hoping that it won't cause more internal bleeding, I hook him up to an IV and sit back to watch my patients.
"Not this again!" Minerva said. "Albus, it was You-Know-Who, not you, who marked Harry as his equal. There is no possible way that the prophecy could be talking about you!" - Harry Potter and the Method of Rationality, Chapter 84

Messages In This Thread
[Story] Interview with a Zwilnik - by kestrel404 - 01-19-2007, 01:34 AM
Re: [Story] Interview with a Zwilnik - by Kokuten - 01-19-2007, 03:16 AM
Re: [Story] Interview with a Zwilnik - by Kokuten - 01-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Re: [Story] Interview with a Zwilnik - by M Fnord - 01-19-2007, 09:43 PM