Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[STORY] We don't need that hammer, Lucifer...
Re: [STORY] We don't need that hammer, Lucifer...
Starting with a "meta"...

(me)
Quote:
I'm going to take the advice of an off-line friend who's done collaborative writing in the past and stop paying attention to Sirrocco's complaints...

The two of us have agreed to work out our differences by e-mail, so I'm retracting this stance.

Now for the story elements...

(ECSNorway, re the diversion)
Quote:
Feel free to insert text to that effect, and a donation from Marsden and Rockhounds Inc. to cover a portion of the costs of the mission. They have a large investment in the public perception of "people hauling Big Rocks at Earth" being a safe thing, and that includes making sure that there are measures in place to deal with problems like this.

Thanks, it's greatly appreciated.  Say... Would Rockhounds like an office on Stellvia, at no charge? (Stellvia's business with Earth gives us as big an incentive as you to have public perception of "people hauling Big Rocks at Earth" being a safe thing, and you professionals would probably do a better job of stopping the next rock than we amateurs would...

Quote:
Where in the timeframe does this occur, BTW?

I did put dates and times on the scenes... the accident was at 18:37 GMT 30 June 2011; the final wrapup of the paperwork was at 05:00 GMT 2 July 2011.

(ClassicDrogn, re the implosion round)
Quote:
Okay, I can kind of buy that, but it still feels like pushing it... perhaps becasue it's presented as a completed item,

Don't forget that Stellvia's been in operation for over three years by this point. There's been plenty of time to go through all the boring off-screen design and lab-testing phases for this...

Quote:
Granted, that's due to the kind of sudden nature of the incident, but maybe you could have it be a prototyype project that's currently in progres,

...and I should have made it more clear that this was the prototype, rather than just including the one throwaway line...  ("Kohran, your five-million-dollar prototype worked. Remind me to let you build more when we get back home.") Sorry about that.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
Re: [STORY] We don't need that hammer, Lucifer... - by Sirrocco - 01-16-2007, 02:41 AM
Re: [STORY] We don't need that hammer, Lucifer... - by Kokuten - 01-16-2007, 02:44 AM
Re: [STORY] We don't need that hammer, Lucifer... - by Sirrocco - 01-17-2007, 05:26 AM
Re: [STORY] We don't need that hammer, Lucifer... - by Sirrocco - 01-18-2007, 03:49 AM
Re: [STORY] We don't need that hammer, Lucifer... - by robkelk - 01-19-2007, 06:01 AM