Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the origin of crime
Re: dynamism
On three seperate occasions, Wave Convoy has been asjed by Gearheads who pilot Trasformers-badged mecha to join an officially organised Autobot Army as Supreme Commander partly because he's still the closest to living the dream (a couple of AIs have bodies of the same scale and capability, but he's the only one that runs on Energon, came first, and has the body style) and partly because, hey, the Matrix?
The first time, he told them there was no need for any such thing, espescially since one of them was based on Starscream and there was manifestly no Cybertronian Civil War in progress.
The second time, he told them he was too busywith the Gnarlycurl businesses.
The third time was shortly after SOScon, and he told them they'd be better off going as heavy support for ships fielding marines, and that he was going to stay with Gnarlycurl as the defense for its role as a medical and mechanical support ship.
All were valid reasons, but there's one more - he's acutelly aware that even if he tries to play the role, he's no Optimus Prime, and even if (by 2013ish, "now" in story time) he's given up claiming to be Captain Cabin Boy, just the ship's gopher despite being Captain of Record, he's still deathly terrified of getting someone notionally under his command killed. This aspect should show up more in the aftermath/epilogue of the rewrite of SWtA 1a/1b/possibly 1c.
- CD
ETA: RE 'Trekkie' slavers - that would be the Orions, though as I recall the slavers had orange skin and it was the slaves who were green. Orion ships only showed up in TOS a far as I know, and were built with big delta wings and aerodynamic fusilage/tail structures, making them suited for atmospheric operations where the locals hadn't gotten around to a proper orbital starport - and hence well suited for actual Fenspace construction and use by persons desiring to move ship-cargo quantities of people or material. SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Messages In This Thread
the origin of crime - by Murmur the Fallen - 07-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Re: the origin of crime - by Norgarth - 07-29-2007, 04:30 PM
dynamism - by Murmur the Fallen - 07-30-2007, 06:05 AM
Re: dynamism - by ECSNorway - 07-30-2007, 06:22 AM
Re: dynamism - by CattyNebulart - 07-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Re: dynamism - by M Fnord - 07-30-2007, 07:55 AM
Re: dynamism - by Kokuten - 07-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Re: the origin of crime - by robkelk - 07-31-2007, 12:04 AM
Re: dynamism - by Norgarth - 07-31-2007, 12:33 AM
Re: dynamism - by Ebony - 07-31-2007, 04:44 PM