Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Rights in Fenspace, or, A Loose Definition of People
Re: Would defining people accomplish anything?
Not just the individual governments, but individuals as well with the 'Cowboy' or 'Robin Hood' persona. You can bet that my character is gonna do something if he sees an AI or a 'droid of some sort being abused. That's the beauty and the fun of Fenspace. It's like Star Wars/Trek, Cowboy Bebop, Firefly, and Battle Angel Alita rolled into one fun package (and with influences from all and more to boot!).
That said, I think/feel that this should be something that is more of an unwritten law of Fenspace. I mean, think about it. At least a major portion of the Fen will be able to tell what a 'Person' is and is not.
What's also nifty about this is that it can leave a loophole for people with a psychotic bent against machines to destroy them whenever the opportunity presents itself. Without a specific law to protect AI's and 'Droids, Psycho can go around killing them and say that it was just a machine or that it was just self defence (Glitches happen, ya know?).
Of course, as everyone in the Navy likes to say, I could just be nuking this. But I like the idea.
Thoughts?
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"But first, let's test it on the penguin."
"Meep?" O.o

Messages In This Thread
Re: Human Rights in Fenspace, or, A Loose Definition of Peop - by CattyNebulart - 04-16-2007, 04:30 AM
Would defining people accomplish anything? - by Freddy Isnot - 04-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Re: Would defining people accomplish anything? - by Black Aeronaut - 04-21-2007, 10:23 PM