Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fen Radio Live!
Re: Fen Radio Live! story teaser
This is a teaser for Fen Radio Live! If Jon (Herr Bad Moon) does not permit me to use The Inelegant Truth news service I will remove that. Everything else is, of course, dependent upon the community. Please provide criticism.

This is Fen Radio Live! bouncing at you at 10 percent the speed of light. And I do mean that literally! Your host, DJ John, is on his way to Mars at top speeds to give you listeners out there in the deep, dark corners of Fendom the scoop on the latest convention. Look forward to events described as they happen, interviews, and behind the scene peeks! As always, Ill be broadcasting live 24/7 with the assistance of my friend, the barely-legal stimulants medicine cabinet! And special thanks to the Phobos Interwave, graciously allowing Fen Radio Live! the bandwidth to keep the signal moving to you! Just dont tell them that! I swear well be legit one of these days!
Fen Radio Live! is brought to you by Powdermilk Biscuits, the biscuits in the bright, blue box with a picture of a biscuit on the front.
And now the news direct from The Inelegant Truth!
*click*
Juhan pulled slipped his headset off his ears to hang around his neck as the recorded news clip began playing. That gave him a three minute break. Plucking a plastic bag off of his ships round superstructure, he sipped some coffee through the bags straw to wet his palate and grimaced. Cold. Ah, the hardships of not having a ship large enough to hold a microwave. Returning the coffee to its former place he picked up a protractor instead. He located a few stars, and after measuring a few angles he jotted numbers onto a notepad. A few quick calculations and he verified his location and trajectory. He quit his stargazing as the blinking On Air sign warned him of the imminent end of the news and adjusted his headset to fit snuggly over his ears.
And now my favorite part of the day, Letters From YOU! Todays letter is from Joey Dobson of well, it says that he could tell me, but then hed have to kill me! Must be one of those crazy Ninja from the Hidden Villages. Crazy, but Ninjaburger is the only way I can get fed when Im in-between destinations.
Anyway, Joey writes, Dear DJ John, my village will soon start to accept towing requests as missions. Will I be able to get your autograph if we get a mission to tow the SuperBall? P.S. I look forward to killing you soon! Thanks Joey, I appreciate it. And sure youll be able to get my autograph, Ill have to sign the bill for the tow! Im glad to hear that a towing service is being created, I could have used that ages ago! Your village will almost definitely be getting a call from me, unless, of course, Im in pirate space. I remember the last time I saw a Pirate/Ninja battle, talk about hair-raising. I mean that was some epic clash!
I hope somebody on Mars is listening cuz Ill be coming in hot in the next forty minutes, and, as always, my ship has no brakes. Next up on the hour is a little music, and hey, it looks like my iPod is feeling humorous today, Crash by the Primitives just popped up on the shuffle. Enjoy the 30 minutes of commercial-free music, sentient beings. DJ John is taking a well-deserved panic attack!
*click*
Sighing, Juhan slipped off his headset and recheck his calculations and came up with the same results. Excepting divine intervention, the SuperBall was going to miss Mars by approximately 300 kilometers. Not bad in terms of relative distances in space, but in terms of his survival, not good. He sighed again, this was the eighth time this year.
-Freddy Isnot

"You are now graduated from newbie and are just clueless. Consider that a compliment."
-Zipcode

Messages In This Thread
Fen Radio Live! - by Freddy Isnot - 04-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Re: Fen Radio Live! story teaser - by Freddy Isnot - 04-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Re: Fen Radio Live! story teaser - by Kokuten - 04-18-2007, 09:16 PM
too late - by Murmur the Fallen - 04-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Re: too late - by Kokuten - 04-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Re: too late - by Freddy Isnot - 04-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Re: Fen Radio Live! story teaser - by robkelk - 04-19-2007, 02:06 AM
Fenspace Radio - by Norgarth - 04-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Re: Fenspace Radio - by Kokuten - 04-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Re: Fenspace Radio - by Freddy Isnot - 04-20-2007, 04:07 AM