Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[META] Perceived Setting Assumption Contradiction
Re: [META] Perceived Setting Assumption Contradiction
Quote:
We need to define more clearly what the limits of a 'waved hull's integrity actually are.
well, we also need to define what a 'waved hull is.
For instance, a simple crowbar is going to be enough to gain quick access, albeit with a couple repeated blows to a side window, to any of my automotive-based vessels.
However, to blow through the side of Hephaestus herself, you're going to need a whole frigging lot of time and diamond-or-better blades on your industrial cutting tools.
I'd have to say that whatever is 'dramatically correct', and the Reavers are also going to have 'wavium support - they couldn't post a valid threat otherwise.
That means predatory AI, near-magical cutting and breaking tools, all sorts of unfun things. Say a black box 'hatchpopper' that can tie in and take over any sort of powered hatch via induction connection.
Say a 'cutting goo' similar to that shown on the pilot episode of Firefly, caustic and thermal cutting in a handy squeezable package.
Say a compressed-gas punch 'one-shot' grappling hook that can pierce almost anything by slamming a depleted uranium barbed hook into the side of your hull.

I concur, more information on hull strengths and penetration methods would be helpful, but we can always fall back on 'dramatically correct'.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Messages In This Thread
Re: [META] Perceived Setting Assumption Contradiction - by The Hunterminator - 01-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Re: [META] Perceived Setting Assumption Contradiction - by Sirrocco - 01-18-2007, 04:03 AM
Re: [META] Perceived Setting Assumption Contradiction - by Kokuten - 01-18-2007, 04:36 AM
Re: [META] Perceived Setting Assumption Contradiction - by Sirrocco - 01-18-2007, 07:48 AM
Re: Why you don't need explicit waved weapons - by KJ - 01-19-2007, 03:55 AM