Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Submission] Hephaestus/Auxillaries - for the ship file
Re: [Submission] Hephaestus/Auxillaries - for the ship file
Just a comment from the racing committee. (har, bit of a joke, what other names can I think up for myself this week?) The speeds are out of whack for their masses for what we've established anyway (though it's probably a fair bit of digging through the big thread to find that). The minimum mass limit for the standard race classes are in the 1-1.2 metric ton range; normal speedrive limits for that mass range were pegged around 0.1C, with the racecraft up to 0.12C on pure speedrive or 0.14ish with 'waved reaction engines burning very large fractions of the vehicle's mass as reaction mass. Either of which end up quirky as hell, in the "crap, why isn't it working *NOW*?!" sense.
For the record, last I checked the only racing vehicles out there are my Kestrels, and blackaeronaut's Bullet Boy Express. The Kestrel Mk3 is towards the top end of the range that I mentioned but is scratchbuilt and... uhm, keeps suffering explosion-related problems that create DNFs when something fails in the carefully engineered kludge of things that keep the engines happy.
Besides... we all know a 3kGT-VR4 is nowhere near 1 metric ton. [Image: wink.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Submission] Hephaestus/Auxillaries - for the ship file - by KJ - 01-16-2007, 07:28 AM