Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blackaeronaut - about your character
blackaeronaut - about your character
Blackaeronaut - there is an issue with your biomod. It's not actually a balance issue. The best in-world approximation I can come up with is as follows.
Cool Stuff:
- The arm is Really Quite Tough, possibly to the point of being effectively armored, and possibly somewhat sronger than normal.
- The arm has a sort of limited short-range, three-use-then-rest-awhile speed drive that sends it flying at the enemy and drags the rest of your body along for the ride. Requires that you Call Out Your Attacks.
Significant disadvantages:
- Your arm is Really Quite Ugly
- (probable) there are low levels of ongoing damage that don't ever quite heal. Using the speed drive will make them worse over time.
Random Side Effect:
- The speed drive is quirky, and constantly bleeds off a bit of motive power in a way that causes a constant strong breeze to be blowing by your head and neck. (I really couldn't figure any good way to include random scarves in the effect without an actual breeze.)
This would be fine, given some good writing to back it up, except... it's pretty clearly a weapon. I can't think of any way to run what you're suggesting without it being a weapon - and last I'd seen, we weren't allowing biomods that were explicitly weaponized. If you can think of a way to have this thing without it being either primarily a weapon or ridiculously overpowered, I'd love to hear it.
For the transformation abilities - I'm not at all sure what you mean here, unless you're talking about the upgrades he gets over the course of the series, in which case you're running pretty heavily into the "you only get one" part of the rule.
It might also be worth putting in a few mundane quirks to give your character a few more interesting attributes to hang storybits off of.

Messages In This Thread
blackaeronaut - about your character - by Sirrocco - 01-04-2007, 06:21 AM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by Sirrocco - 01-10-2007, 06:04 AM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by CattyNebulart - 01-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by CattyNebulart - 01-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by KJ - 01-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by The Hunterminator - 01-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by KJ - 01-11-2007, 02:22 AM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by Sirrocco - 01-11-2007, 03:52 AM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by Sirrocco - 01-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Re: blackaeronaut - about your character - by Sirrocco - 01-14-2007, 08:42 AM