Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A concern that came to me...
Re: A concern that came to me...
Well, as far as having lethal force employed in the Wave Convoy intercept, I figured it was justified by
a) OMFG A GIANT ROBOT CARRYING OFF A CAR!!
b) a body in its wake ("me") whether biomodded or not, and a guy who says it attacked him and rescued a "bio-mod freak" he was trying to detain until the authorities could arrive, even if he's been found to have gone overboard on the "detaining" - gunfire is not considered apropos for a citizen's arrest, after all.
c) a week's media and public pressure to Do Something after getting all stirred up about it being some kind of terrorist attack in the state capital (Of New Hampshire. Riiiiight.)
At that point, finding and officer willing to fly, and fire, might not be so rough, I thought. I did debate with myself about whether to have the USAF guys actually open fire or just orbit and fly with unapproved proximity and make stern demands over the radio, but went for drama in the end. Also... who else has air assets to intercept at highish speeds, if not the Air Force? (or the Marines, I suppose, or the Navy close enough to a carrier if that's not Marines or AF guys on a Navy platform) The Coast Guard has the traditional border watch thing, but they're mainly helicopter and sensor platform craft as I understand it, and INS (leaving aside any putative Division Six) and law enforcement are pretty much ground pounders without even as much helicopter fleet as the Coast Guard.

- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Messages In This Thread
A concern that came to me... - by Sirrocco - 01-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Re: A concern that came to me... - by Kokuten - 01-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Re: A concern that came to me... - by Sirrocco - 01-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Re: A concern that came to me... - by ClassicDrogn - 01-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Re: A concern that came to me... - by M Fnord - 01-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Re: A concern that came to me... - by Kokuten - 01-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Re: A concern that came to me... - by M Fnord - 01-16-2007, 08:04 AM
Re: A concern that came to me... - by Kokuten - 01-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Re: A concern that came to me... - by Sirrocco - 01-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Re: A concern that came to me... - by M Fnord - 01-16-2007, 08:35 AM