Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some recent thoughts ...
Some recent thoughts ...
about my Babylon .5 station (and if my muse dosen't wander off again, maybe I'll get some actually writing in too).

I've decided that the station will be partially self sufficient foodwise, at the 'top' of the station will be an agriculture deck(s?) growing
various vegetables, some young fruit trees and one of The Jason's Blood Orange trees for the medical facility's use.

At the 'bottom' of the station will be a aquacultural deck, raising rice, various waterloving plants and a freshwater fish farm.

B.5 will also raise chickens and rabbits

One of the station's researchers made an ill-concieved attempt to raise hogs, but that experiment ended when the test subject, 'Porky', developed
the ability to stand on his hind legs and talk with a stutter. Just because pigs can eat a wide variety of organic materials doesn't mean you don't
need to screen the stuff for Wavium first.

Eventually, I'm planning on the development of chibi-starfuries for station defence. Low grade drone AIs in starfury shape (but at about 1/4 scale). I
was thinking that one of their quirks would be that they are territorial, meaning they don't like travelling more than say, 5mi from the station. If in
hot pursuit or intercepting a definate threat, they're willing to go out to about 15mi before breaking off.

oh, and because of how they flew in canon, the chibi-starfuries will be accelleration drives, though the Wavium helps reduce fuel requirements.

Messages In This Thread
Some recent thoughts ... - by Norgarth - 09-13-2008, 04:43 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 09-13-2008, 05:13 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 09-14-2008, 01:03 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 09-14-2008, 03:53 PM
[No subject] - by Norgarth - 09-14-2008, 04:00 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 09-14-2008, 04:16 PM
[No subject] - by Norgarth - 09-16-2008, 02:48 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 09-16-2008, 03:27 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 09-16-2008, 10:15 AM
[No subject] - by Norgarth - 09-21-2008, 07:08 PM