Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Biomods...

Hmmm... How about intense physical pain? I would imagine that since it nearly-perfectly mimics Kazuma's Alter, it actually does split Benjamin's arm
down the knuckles and through the wrist - he just doesn't feel it because the Handwavium in his system doesn't allow it... That, and his arm is
probably a biomechanical constrcut now anyways and he'd have something that looks like scars where the tissue splits.

In Shine Brighter form, I would imagine that it is putting enormous stress on his body - not the sort of stress you get from exhaustion, but from supporting
the more intense Speed Drive field the arm is generating. Shine Brighter, I think, would probably rival The Jason's Kinto-un in terms of speed, and since
the field generator is anchored to his skeleton rather than... something else, I can only imagine what that puts his body through. It's probably tearing
him apart, just as it seemed to be doing so to Kazuma for a while.

However, that's something I think the Handwavium would evolve his biomod to compensate for (reinforcing his entire musculoskeletal system for example).
It's going to take a bit of inspiration on my part to come up with a trully worthy quirk to go with Shine Brighter. Most of what I'm thinking of, such
as a forced-recuperation period, can be explained away as exhaustion. One thing that I can think of would be that in order to provide the additional boost he
has to down some Espresso Strain. And not the knock-off stuff either. :p

ETA: Hilarious thought... What if, instead of Espresso, he had to use that Klatchian Habenero brew? That'd definitely add to the
"REALLY-don't-wanna-do-this factor. >Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts On Biomods... - by Black Aeronaut - 10-11-2008, 05:19 PM
[No subject] - by Cobalt Greywalker - 10-11-2008, 09:31 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 10-12-2008, 04:11 AM